Tuesday, January 10, 2006

3k TT - January 2006

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 8k
Month Total: 118k
Year Total: 118k

It was pouring rain again in the early hours of the morning, though it had stopped by the time I set off to Pat's for the monthly TT. So no rain was good, though it sure was humid - around 93% when we took off. Nobody seemed in the mood for this today, then again, are we ever :-) December was my first time trial that I could run 'fast' since being injured and I did 12.25 (my PB set in Feb 2005 is 11.53). So for today the goal was 12.15.

I ran the warm-up mostly with (little) Linda who was having the worst time keeping her fuelbelt on - and I thought I had wardrobe malfunctions with mine! It was great to hear about her upcoming hols with Ally and Annaliese. Part of it will be spent in the States in a QLD Police relay team competing against over 200 other police teams, each with twenty runners - bad dudes beware!

After our strides Pat gave us a quick talk and mentioned how great it is that we encourage and help eachother during these TTs. This was certainly to prove true for me today.

My first km was 3:59. Great! I was just meters behind Scotty, Keith and one of the Andrews, and halfway through the second km got past them. I was really trying not to lose time in this km, its always my downfall, and thought getting ahead of the guys I might be on track. Alas, the second km was 4:09. Dang!

Keith soon passed me back and so I tried to keep him within reach. And I wanted to keep Clairie in my sights too. I knew I'd never catch her but didn't want to let her get any further in front. I managed to do this, and in fact started to gain ground. Then the little bugger put the foot down with about 200m to go! I did the same. Soon Peter H, who had already well and truly finished, came back and ran beside me egging me on to the finish line. I couldn't let him down and ran so hard I nearly chucked! The last km 4:05.

Total time 12.15 (adding in all the fractions of seconds). I'm happy with that.

I wouldn't have done it without having Clairie to chase - thanks matey! And I reckon I would've been a couple of seconds slower had it not been for Peter coming back and running in with me. I suggested later that next time he may like to join me at the 2k mark :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Toasty said...

These TT's sound vicious .... well done on reaching that time and hanging on over the last 2 km's.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Nice TT Tesso! Sounds like it was particulaly tough with the humidity!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

You'll soon be back to peak form I'm sure. I few more months and December's time will be toast!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Good on you Tesso!! Helps when your chasing! A sub 4 min km... woo hoo!

11:19 AM  
Blogger D said...

Nice job hitting your goal! You are speedy Tesso!

12:43 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Great to see you bouncing back so well after a big week last week Tess. After a little break from keeping in touch with everyone, it's great to see my girls still performing so well north of the border ;)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

That was a good 3k Tesso. Next month when you're used to the extra mileage, have a much lighter day on the Monday (4 or 5k easy) and you'll fly.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home