Monday, January 09, 2006

100 Not Out :-)

Today Total: 12k
Week Total: 100k
Month Total: 110k
Year Total: 110k

Sunday morning was another perfect one for running, a little light rain and not too hot. We were having a send-off run for MJ, she's off to Kapooka for seven weeks of boot camp, the real deal.

Around 15 of us rolled up to the starting point, just behind Toombul shopping complex. There is a dedicated bikeway/walkway there that is mostly bitumen, dead flat, with a canal on one side for much of it and basically parkland around. And there are kilometer markings. I can't believe I haven't run here before, but I definitely will again.

It was all at a cruisey pace, enjoying the scenery, the company and the noisy froggies. Most had declared they were doing 10k. Until this point I'd racked up 88k for the week. Another 10k would make 98k ... but another 12k ..... I'd never run 100k in a week before.

Matty was cycling near us and chatting and then zoomed ahead to the 4k marker with drinks for everyone which was so thoughtful. I was thinking of going to the 6k mark and back but instead turned at 5k with the others and went back to the start before heading in the other direction for 1k out and back on my own. That brought up the ton - woohoo!!!! Best thing is I feel no more fatigued or any sorer than shorter training weeks.

A magnificent brekky followed on the deck at MJ's place - every type of fruit you could imagine, croissants, pastries, bread, tea, coffee, juice etc etc etc. And speaking of tons I think I weighed one by the time we left :-)

8 Comments:

Blogger Toasty said...

It seems that you just can't be bowled out. Congratulations of a wonderful achievement you have reason to be proud. I believe you have that 12 hours in the bag. Not saying it will be easy .... hell no! Good for you, I'm happy to hear how well you are doing.

11:49 AM  
Blogger the_en4cer said...

100km's for the week is an awesome effort. I stand by a comment I made previously - you're an Energizer Bunny :) Thanks for the comments on my blog the other day.

2:05 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

100km for the week - well done, especially as you don't seem to be adversely affected by it. So far i don't think any of my marathon training weeks have gone to plan and I'm up to the 6th week.

Brekkie sounded lovely!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, good job!

I'll be lucky to jog that far this year in total!!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Its a nice feeling cracking the ton. I suppose it is different for everyone, but I also think that there is a bit of a physiological barrier there with 100k, whereby if you string a few together you will certainly feel that your body has adapted and stepped up to another level. Great stuff.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I'm surprised that was your biggest week ever Tesso. Well done! 100 looks so good in the diary - waaaay better than 98.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Great effort Tesso congrats.

News flash, Tesso has found a new place to run!

Was the bitumen still wet? it must be a brand new track if you haven't ran there before :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Woohoo! Go Tess! 100k! I can only dream of doing 100k in a week :) One day!

The run was fun, wasn't it? We should def make it a regular thing - especially the pastries ;)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home