Saturday, December 31, 2005

Sheeee's Baaack :-)

Friday morning it was about a squillion degrees with two squillion percent humidity. I got out there early enough to put in 4k before joining the Regatta Runners for their 6am start, and by this stage I was already drenched in sweat.

But as uncomfortable as conditions were it was worth getting out there as Clairie was finally back from her almost two weeks away in Perth! She and I ran almost at the back of the pack and just chatted and caught up on goss. By the turnaround point we were both really suffering from the heat so I'm not sure how we managed to get back home faster. I can't remember the pace we were running, I think Clarie said we finished doing around 5min kms. It felt slower than that so I suppose that's a good sign.

Had some good music to keep me company in the first part of my run, thanks to Al (Mr Clairie) who lent me his iPod while mine is in getting fixed. Thanks also must go to the 10 year old who showed me how to adjust the volume after I somehow or other turned it right down and couldn't for the life of me work out how to turn it back up again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

Tesso - I'm in awe of many of the things you've achieved this year, and I know you're just going to amaze us all even more next year. Happy New Year and I hope you have a fantastic 2006 and meet all your goals and more.

PS - we really need to get the Brissie girls together for dinner soon, this is getting ridiculous!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Ten year olds know too much these days. When I was a lad.....
Good to have the marathon lady back. Have a happy new year Tesso and probably see you at Canberra if not sooner if you come for a visit. Thanks for your support this year.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home