Monday, December 26, 2005

Xmas Day Track Session

It was a 5.30am start at the track at UQ on Xmas Day. Glenno had kindly offered to pick me up on his way through. It seeemed like a good idea at the time, but when I was sitting a the bus stop on Coro Dve with a bottle of champers, decked in my Xmas running attire, including the trusty Xmooose hat, and a Chrissy balloon tied to me I thought otherwise. I got some funny looks from drivers going by and a chap out on his morning walk even inquired whether I was on my way to or home from a party.

About a dozen or so turned up for the session and we started with a 3k warm-up around the uni. Then it was on to the track. Most of the group were doing 400 meter reps, but after my 32k the day before I opted just to run continually at a steady pace. Besides, during our strides I could feel a little pain where I tore my muscle - *big sigh* is it really gonna take 18 months before it gets totally better like a couple of people have told me :-( Anyway, I did eight laps so that brought my total for the morning to just over 6k.

Christmas cheer followed in the way of champers and OJ, and some nice cold fruit - watermelon, cherries and frozen grapes. Our special little treat were home made brownies that Little Tara had whipped up.

What a great way to start the day!



Tesso, Lizzle, Big Tara, Little Tara



MJ and Matty



Glenno

6 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

Boy you guys are serious about your tunning up there aren't you? Lets hope its just a small tear...

9:52 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Track work on Chrissy Day sounds a bit tough Tesso!

Glad you enjoyed it though - hopefully that niggle won't take long to disappear.

Cheers, 2P ;-)

9:58 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Heh Tesso, Sounds and looks like a wonderful morning. Can't believe I missed it.

I finally got onto bloglines this morning to catch up with what everyone has been doing and I suddenly feel very very guilty for touring the vineyards and entering the non-stop eating competitions instead of going for some runs.

oh well. Will be leaving here tomorrow for Brissy.....right now I am off to the sales that start today.

If you head out for a run today, think of me and do some km's for me. I think I am going to hurt very much when I get home and try to run:(

See you soon.

9:11 AM  
Blogger D said...

Great workout! I wish I could join you guys, especially considering that you were dressed in nice warm running gear!! Thanks to you and ILIKETOAST for sending me well wishes during your run!!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

You are commmitted Tess!!! Hey the pic of glenno looks like he has just rolled out of a club on Oxford st... funny!!

I hope you had a great christmas!!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I looked at my clock about 5am .... and then rolled over. Was there in spirit! .... Great run today .... that is if you are done yet .... it looked like you would go on forever.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home