Thursday, December 15, 2005

Pat's, pool, and Poppy's - perfect!

In an attempt to beat the heat Pat's is now starting at 5:40am, though this morning it seemed just as humid as it would have been 20 mins later. After the warm up to the Gardens and before we were about to get into the real stuff Pat gave his usual little motivational speech. At the end he mentioned Clairie wouldn't be here for our Xmas run and so to make sure she didn't miss out on too much fun he pulls out THE melon sundress for her to throw on. Its the first time ever its been worn .... by a girl!

Today we heading out from the amphitheatre doing sets of 2 mins fast, 30 sec jog, 1 min fast, 30 sec jog, 2 min fast, 30 sec standing recovery. then turning around and doing the same set back again. The aim was to arrive to the start at the end of the last effort. I got back with about 10 seconds to spare so must've really pushed it coming home, er, or been slack on the out journey ;-)

Then we ventured out again, all running hard until the fastest person got to the Edward St gates. Once they turned around, everyone could turn around. Oh, how I was willing those frontrunners on! Again I was really pushing it, and was only about 10 meters back from a pack that included Nick, Jodi and Jo. Heading back the other way I was gave it my all but just couldn't keep up the pace. Then I heard Pat yell we had to finish by running up that dreaded grassy hill - arrgghhh!

We warmed down by going over the Goodwill Bridge and ran through South Bank to the pool where we were supposed to turn around and go back to the Ship Inn. But the lure of the water was too much and most of the group stopped right there, kicked off the shoes, and jumped in.

After our little dip and the post run treats that Pat provides (now includes icy-poles!) those who could headed to Poppy's for Clairie's farewell brekky. At least this Poppy isn't sloppy, though to be on the safe side I didn't order the pie ;-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Did any one get a photo of Clairie??? Sounds interesting! That sounds like a tough session Tess... a dip was well deserved! I would love a dunk after our sessions.... the duck pond at Centenial Park is just not that inviting!!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Photos Tesso, Photos!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Sounds like a lot of fun: sun-dress, icy poles and a quick dip. That's me most Sundays at Bondi.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Sound's like the dip was well deserved, Pats group sound pretty testing, might have to consider having a go next year.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Beat the heat? I wish we can do that here in Canada.

Only problem...there ain't no heat in the winter :)

6:04 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

5:40am start would work for me beating the heat - I'd sleep straight through it ;-)

I love the alliteration - obviously :-) Mind you I think any more than 2P's is just being greedy ;-)

8:58 AM  
Blogger miners said...

Tess, I almost let you off the hook by virtue of the Seinfeld reference, but no photos of the sundress??? What's going on here? Hope they turn up elsewhere in blogland.

btw - you are not allowed to tease me anymore with tales of jumping in my favourite pool, running my favourite bridge, while running around my favourite city running routes. It might just cause me to come up and visit earlier than expected!! :)

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home