Monday, December 05, 2005

It Was Supposed To Be So Easy ....

.... and it was!

Hit the road just before 6am on Sunday for a planned easy 40 minutes or so. It might have been early but the sun was well and truly up and it was pretty warm. I spotted Phil waiting at the Regatta for their Sunday group and thought about joining in but decided against it. I just wanted to run my own easy run and listen to some music. About the 2k mark I ran into Cameron (CR Daedal) doing a river loop on his bike and stopped for a chat for 5 mins or so.

Got a little further down the bike path into the shade and figured I'd turn around at the Vic Bridge which would give me about 7 1/2 km, that shade and a slight breeze made for pretty pleasant conditions.

What I was listening was The Streets 'A Grand Don't Come For Free' CD on the iPod ...

"I reckon you're an eight or a nine, maybe even a nine and a half in four beers time" :-)

Last time I heard it I got to the final song and realised there was some sort of story flowing through the album. I wanted to listen to the words of each song to see if I could figure it all out. So that meant I had to run a little further than planned.

Ended up doing a lazy-ish 10k loop in close to an hour (excluding chat time). Pretty much worked out the story too :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

oh - you're going to make us buy the album and work out the story for ourselves now aren't you?

Glad you had an easier run than the weekend. Must find out how the rest of you QLDer's did over the weekend ...

1:54 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

A better run than me Tesso! Thanks for the Dare - Gorillaz suggestion. I do like that song so it will be on the ipod very soon! Filthy (Gorgeous) is great isn't it!!!

3:36 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Sounds nice Tesso - I am right into shade and breeze :-)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Sounds like a great run tess.... haha a lazy 10km run- slight contradiction :-)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Excellent music selection .... "Loserish Mike gets girl, loses girl, misplaces 1000 pounds, then finds it again".

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home