Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Worth The Effort

I sure felt sluggish on the warmup at Pat's this morning. I think it was a combination of the after effects of the SMC Half on Sunday, the humidity and basically lack of sleep. Not being on a program anymore I had no idea what was in store, the way I was feeling whatever it was I knew it was gonna be tough. I suppose it was one of those rare days that I really didn't want to be there. To make it worse both Clairie and Min were missing in action .... hmmm, were they saving themselves for our mid week Mt Coot-tha assault tomorrow?

After the warm-up and our strides Pat announced we were doing sets of 1min fast, 30 sec jog, 30 sec fast, 15 seconds jog, 15 seconds fast. Then he added that his watch was still playing up :-) I think maybe one of the 15 second efforts was actually only 15 seconds, most of the others seemed to be closer to 45 seconds. I'm sure one was even over a minute! As my 'fasts' weren't quite 100% (still a little cautious with the injury) I tried Matty's trick of not slowing down too much on the recoveries when you can't go full bore on the efforts.

As always I felt great afterwards and was so glad I went along.

PS I compiled this post on email and did a spell check. It suggested I change "1min" to "urine" :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Sets of urine fast, 30s on, 30s off, good to know Pat is looking after the pelvic floors too :-)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

It's great when you push yourself to do a session and then feel better afterwards. That's what keeps us going back for more I guess!

7:34 AM  
Blogger miners said...

Gee - what did the spell checker think of Mt Coot-tha?

You're hard to keep track of you jet-setter. It's a nice surprise to see whether your posts are coming from Brissy, Sydney, Noosa etc... You must be racking up the frequent flyer miles :)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Matty said...

Great to have you along for my comeback session Tess. I can hardly wait for your report on the PCRG Friday Night Drinkies.

Incidentally, Pat posts next week's speedwork sessions near the bottom of his weekly group email.

Cheers
PM

10:08 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Ha Ha talk about a great spell checker. What a hoot!

Yes I think I was a bit lucky to not have been there yesterday. Though now that Cootha is out of the way I think we are in for some serious pain tomorrow!!

I'll be there. If you don't see me - turn around :) I'll be the one behind you the whole way!!

11:09 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

I did feel vindicated once I had done the gym session, especially those ab exercises! I know it will get better - its just really frustrating and I hate feeling under the weather (I don't have time for it!)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

First time I checked your blog. Really like the banner pic :)...

6:45 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Tesso, the 500k Relay isn't the only place one can find awe inspiring people. Just reading the comments on your blog bears witness to that.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

Hehehe urine fast. That sounds like my efforts at the relay ;) They need more toilets out there in the boonies.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home