Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sunshine and Pain

After lots of rain on the Sunday woke up at Sunshine Beach on Monday morning to, well, sunshine :-)

Hit the road about 6am for a bit of a run through some local streets then headed up to the end of The Spit at Noosa. Couldn't resist the urge to run back along the sand from there up to the end of Noosa Beach. Funny, considering the number of athletes that must be around, I didn't see many other runners at all, and only a few cyclists. Guess they were all recovering from the forth leg - the party :-) Though Pat was out there kayaking, he told me this morning he saw me running while he was having a paddle. And I did bump into Intraining's Robson and Debbie, they were off for a run in the National Park. I was tempted to join them as I could run right through it back to Sunshine but thought it might be a bit slushy so stuck with the bitumen. All up about 12k.

My leg felt perfectly okay on the run, on the drive back to Brisbane it didn't. Strange that it hurts more when I sit then when I run!

I told Adam the physio all this when I saw him that afternoon. He says my hips are still tight and did some excruciatingly painful pressure point massage as well as a normal (but equally painful) massage of my sore leg. He also gave me some new exercises to do and altered some existing ones after I told him about the pain I was getting in my good leg.

Good news is he's given me the go-ahead to resume speed work, as long as I don't do any fast sprinting. Easy, I'm incapable of that the best of times. I was sure that after I groaned 'that really really hurts' about 100 times during the session that he was going to suggest more time off. He didn't. He just kept apologising .... and massaging.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robert Song said...

Looks like the BIG game may be moved forward to 7:00am Sunday, which means I would have to miss the BRRC 10k. Still not confirmed yet, so I hope I can get the best of both worlds.

8:28 PM  
Blogger silverfox said...

Tesso

Nice to read about you coming out the other side. IBest of luck with it all Tesso, keep managing it all, it sounds like you have been very smart in the last few weeks in getting back on the road. Great stuff.

9:03 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Always the best part "oh did I hurt you? Sorry, I'll just do it again"!

Great to see the leg is continuing to improve :-)

9:22 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Sounds like your Adam is related to our Mick or as he calls himself 'Dr Pain' :-).

TA

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home