Thursday, October 20, 2005

Its In Writing

I picked up visiting Sydney Strider Angela on the way to South Bank this morning. She joined in a Pat session while I just did a 5k walk. The walk was pretty uneventful. It rained a bit. I stopped and chatted to a few runners I knew along the way. Did a bit of stretching back at The Ship Inn until the group got back.

It was great to see everyone again. Even though I've only missed a week and a half it seems like much longer. There is quite a buzz about the 3k Challenge tomorrow night and even though I won't be running fast, I'm glad that I can still participate. We worked pretty hard on convincing Strider Ange to join our team, hopefully she won't have too big a day at work and will feel up to it.

Pat now has a white board at training and everyone is writing down their goals on it. Quite a few of the team, including Clairie, have put down their first marathon as a goal, and that's mighty big. I thought about saying a sub 3:25 marathon, but that 'just' means knocking less than 2 minutes of my 2005 GC time. I wanted something mighty big as well.

So grabbed the marker and took a deep breath and wrote Poor Man's Comrades. I want to do it in under 12 hours but I didn't write that down. Until just now.

13 Comments:

Blogger Aki said...

Woohoo! Go for it! (Talk about big!)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

GO Tesso!!! Now thats big :)

6:59 AM  
Blogger Spud said...

And so the journey begins...

Go Tesso!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Yippeee. That's what I call guts and determination. Now all you need is to finish it - and you will have the GLORY :)

I am so happy you have an amazing goal. Though will make my attempt at the marathon seem like a 3k tt!!

Am so looking forward to running the long runs with you over the Summer. Though once they get to 50km - you are on your own hee hee

9:03 AM  
Blogger Matty said...

Way to go Tess. It'll be great to follow your journey on this one and despite your inexperience over this distance, the Qld 6 Hour Champ is surely going to be amongst the favs in the Women's category!!!

After doing 96k's, a marathon will seem like a toddle - and I can see you going sub 3:25 for that national ranking!!

M

9:28 AM  
Blogger miners said...

oooooh - that is HUGE!!!!!

I am so proud of you for committing to it Tess - can't wait to follow your path there - and especially can't wait to be there with you at various points along your path :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo :-)

Now that is a big goal. I like big goals.

Go Tesso go!!!

J.

11:01 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Now it's my turn to be impressed.

This seems appropriate:

"Successful people are dreamers who have found a dream too exciting, too important to remain in the realm of fantasy and who, day by day, hour by hour, toiled in the service of their dreams until they can touch it with their hands and see it with their eyes" (or feel it in their legs as the case may be).

11:19 AM  
Blogger miners said...

btw - there's a free dinner on offer in the great miner guessing comp now!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Why do I love running?

'cause of people like you Tesso!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

That's a fantastic goal Tesso. I'm really looking forward to following your progress and reading your race report!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Horrie said...

I'm glad you've committed to PMC Tess. Although you might be struggling to run it in under 12 hours whilst piggy backing me up some of those hills.

12:48 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

You don't do things by halves do you Tesso!!! And after three marathons and an ultra this year.
Good luck - look forward to hearing about it all.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home