Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Its All Good

Even before talking to the physio yesterday I kind of had an idea what he was going to say. The legs were generally as sore as you would expect after a 25k race, and the abductor was particularly tender. So when I told him I had no big races planned for a few weeks, other than the Brisbane Running Group 3k Challenge on Friday night, he suggested I have two weeks of no running. Except of course for doing the 3k at a cruisey pace :-)

So today it was just a gym session, did 10 different upper body things and some abs stuff. Followed it all up with my physio exercises.

When I think about two weeks of no running I'm not too upset about it. I've been so lucky finding Adam (the physio). He's managed the problem so far in a way that has allowed me to do a couple of races that I really wanted to do. Now there's not too much on in the coming weeks and I can let this muscle mend. And it still should give me time to get ready for the Kurrawa to Pt Danger race on December 11th. Besides, its been a big year, one ultra (62k) and 3 marathons as well as the Warwick Pentath-run and loads of other races, the rest will do me good I'm sure. And maybe I will come back as strongly Clairie and Karisma have from their injuries, I swear both are running better than ever.

Yep, think I've just about talked myself into this being a good thing.

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Well they (injuries that is) teach you to be a bit more temperate next time I suppose. I should have backed off a bit a couple of weeks ago. It may not be too late. I'll attend to that tagging thing as soon s I get a chance.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great idea Tesso! Two weeks off and a good rest while mending and recovering from a very tough year. Finishing the year without an injury and feeling fresh.....sounds pretty good to me!

8:33 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Sometime you just gotta pay the piper - you got in a couple of great bonus runs, but you can only push the running gods so far.

With your base a couple of weeks is bugger-all and you will be back fresher and faster than ever.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

The bench is sometimes the best place to be and when your called back in you will be fighting fit and rearing to go :) I do not mind the rest either... it is just nothing quite hits the spot like running :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Yeah put your feet up Tess. Enjoy the break ! :)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Good on you Tess. I'm going to gone back to this post for inspiration. I'm thinking of taking a few weeks off to get the ITB right. Better to get it right now I suppose than run the Half and spend another 3 months battling it...

J.

9:16 AM  
Blogger miners said...

Best of luck with the discipline thing Tess - it's never a terribly easy thing to stick to. Hope it reaps you rewards though :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I'm sure as the others say it will be nothing for you to take two weeks off and you'll be back faster than ever.

Hope you'll keep posting and letting us know how you're going. Sending positive thoughts up the coast for you :)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home