Friday, October 14, 2005

Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Copped another battering yesterday afternoon :-( Well, I call it a battering, the physio calls it pressure point massage. This time he did a bit of work on the abductor itself, the muscle that actually has the strain or tear. Talk about excruciating! Then came an almost pleasant break, he got the attending student to give my lower back, quads and hammies a massage. But then it was back to bloody pressure point massaging of the glutes, hips and abs. Though I don't think it was as bad as last time, maybe just a 15 on Richter scale.

Anyway, he seems pretty happy with the progress. After the session he revised this morning's run down from 5k to 4k, and then to 3k. I suggested I just not run at all (doesn't seem worth putting the shoes on for 3k) and he thought that was a better idea. So I didn't run. Five days off running, can't remember the last time I had a whole five days off.

And he's still happy for me to the 25k at BRRC Sunday, so long as I "don't go for a PB". But my 25k PB is soft! We'll see ;-)

I inquired as to when I could resume speed work, he says at least another week. But the week after next I'm holidaying at Noosa so won't be going to Pat's anyway. I guess even when I do go to Pat's I'll be easing back into it. At this rate it will be Christmas before I'm training properly again.

Speaking of which as if its not bad enough that DJs etc have had their decorations etc on the shelves for weeks, but this morning some of the girls who work on my floor started hanging up tinsel. Sheesh. Hmmm, think not running is making me a tad grumbly???

5 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Gulp!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm with you Tesso. Christmas decorations should not be seen in October!!!

J

PS PMC eh?? Go Tesso go !!

3:25 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Far too early for Christmas - and if you think it is not running that is making you grumbly read the first para of your post again ;-)

PS Noosa sounds good!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

Tinsel Schminsel. Can these people not read a calendar? Bah humbug!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Bah Humbug!! I love Christmas and even I know it is too early!!! That massgae sounds scary :) I am feral when I cant run... withdrawal from endorphins I am sure :)
Enjoy the forced rest... you will back better than ever!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home