Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Week That Was - Part 1


Wed 28/9 - I Feel Good

Met up with the Regatta Runners at 6am. They were doing their monthly 3k TT but I figured I'd at least start out and do the warm-up with them. Did that and then left them, turned the iPod on and continued up the bike path. The plan was to run maybe 10k or so but for some strange reason I felt great and so didn't turn around at the 5k mark.

Passed Pete from Pat's along the way, and then a little further on saw another Carrollette, Ruth. Half a minute later I heard some yelling from the river and there was Pat himself out having a paddle on his kayak!

This had to be the best I've felt running since before the Gold Coast. Wound up doing 20k in 1hr 50m. And it seemed so easy, I felt like I could have continued. Wierd.



Thurs 29/9 - It Was Here Last Time I Looked

Arrived in Sydney late the previous night but still managed to be on the road not too long after 6am. Headed down Glebe Pt Rd to Bi-Centennial Park but then remembered the run I wanted to do so turned around and headed back through Darling Harbour and the city.

Things were looking very familiar and I was sure I was headed towards the Observatory. I wanted to run up that hill this time, and not walk like I had on September 11th! Well, I was in the general area but couldn't find the hill for the life of me. Time was running out as I had to meet my sisters for brekky so abandoned the mission and ran back to Glebe, unintentionally finding the longest possible route back.

Spent the remainder of the day walking and shopping. So I didn't find that hill in the morning, but I did find the Lindt Cafe later on - thanks for the recommendation girls! Mmmm, chocolate frappe :-)


Fri 30/9 - Footy Fever

No running today but lots more walking. My sister, nephew and I made our way to Balmain for lunch at the leagues club. Sure, we were cheering for 'the other mob' at the game, but it was great to wander around Tiger territory and soak up the atmosphere. The shops were all decorated, cars had signs and streamers on them, there was such a buzz in the air.

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Glad to hear you found lindt cafe even if you couldn't find that damn hill! Lindt Cafe is great isn't it!!!!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home