Sunday, September 18, 2005

Blown Away

After maybe three hours sleep I rocked up for the usual Saturday morning run. There were a few of us who'd partied the night before so I knew I'd have some company on what was going to be a slooooow run.

Most headed off toward the city but some breakaways decided they'd do the 15k Mt Coot-tha loop. Hmmm, interestingly none of them were out the night before. It was great to have Hannah along for her first Buddies run, the first of many I hope! Schultzy was there too. He was full of all sorts of stories from last weekend at Glasshouse - people battling through the pain of blistered feet, the demons that got in their heads at 3 in the morning, the throwing up etc etc. Then he tried to convince me to skip Sydney Marathon next year for the GH 100. Ha ha ha.

It seemed a perfect morning for running until we crossed the Goodwill Bridge ... and almost got blown off it. I can't recall running in conditions like that in Brisbane for a long time, if ever. It made the wind in Sydney last Sunday seem like the slightest of breezes. The Vic Bridge was even worse, I was running beside Lizzle and we had trouble going in a straight line!

My new gym finally opened this weekend. Its just 500 meters up the road so I'll be scratching my head for excuses not to go. I haven't lifted a weight or even done a situp since November. I slipped in there in the afternoon thinking I'll do something. The something I did was a 3 minute look around. Gotta ease back into these things :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Finally made it to BRB! Wonders will never cease ;) I really enjoyed it and I was so happy that most of you had had a big night - meant I could keep up with you all! LOL!

I was thinking I may even come along to the Ship Inn saturday runs as well - but I know you all go faster then, so I might just do my own thing along the river and meet you all back for breakfast. That is, until I get fast enough to keep up with the back of the pack! Either that, or I'll have to rope some slow runners into coming along with me, too! LOL!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home