Saturday, September 03, 2005

Last Longish Run

Would've like to have slept in after CR drinks last night but at least this Saturday the long run was from across the road at The Regatta, so no excuse to miss it. I wasn't too shabby but gotta say that I feel this way on September 11th it'll be a looooong 42k. I was tossing up with the idea of just doing a shorter run and then heading out on Sunday arvo for something a bit longer. But then I had another biggish night planned, and an very early Sunday morning on duty at BRRC so I knew I'd probably feel even less like it then.

About the third of the pack headed for a run over Mt Coot-tha, and it sure was tempting to join them as I knew it would shake out the cobwebs. But its a bit too close to the mara for such a tough run so opted to do the flat run along the bikeway. Up until the Goodwill Bridge the pace was easy, but then half the mob turned back for home and I seemed to be left with a bunch of fasties who were ready to go up a gear - yikes! There was a newish lady, Margaret, along who wanted to run a little further. She told me not to wait for her because she was slow. Yay, just what I wanted to hear! But if she's slow then so am I, we ran the exact pace I was hoping to (around 5:30s or so).

We did the Story Bridge loop. Not 100% sure of the distance, there seems to be some contention of late whether its 16k or 17k. I had figured it was a perfect opportunity to settle it once and for all with the trusty Garmin, but kept forgetting to turn it on and off at water stops. Maybe I was just a little shabby.

Had the usual brekky and chat afterwards and then caught up with some of the gang again in the afternoon for a spot of tennis followed by a barby and a few drinks. Gotta say as tennis players we all make fantastic runners :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Would love to have seen the tennis playing! *grins*

Great pics of friday night, too!

Thanks for the cheers this morning *grins* Can't stop smiling!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home