Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Best Laid Plans

The way my shifts work it only happens once every three weeks that I have to cut the Pat session a bit short and be at work at 7am. Usually its a pain but today I was kinda grateful as the quads are still a bit sore, like the feeling you get for a couple of days after a hard race. Not sure why.

Normally on this day I drive to work, run to the Ship Inn, do what I can of the session, and then bolt back to work. Last night I had a brainwave - park the car where we do our reps at West End, and run to the Ship Inn to join the group. An extra long warm up and no warm down at all. But I figured driving back to work would be quicker than running.

I set the virtual runner on the trusty Garmin up to help me do my reps in 3:57 but thought there was no way I could do that pace the way the legs were so just used the stopwatch function instead. Ha, my first two reps were 3:54 and 3:55 :-) The third was 4:02, though on it I had to turn around at the 500m mark losing a bit of momentum, while everyone else kept on going. It was weird having nobody to chase on the way back. So that's how Matty feels when he's on fire!

Jumped straight into the car after the third rep. Had 15 minutes to get to work, maybe 2 1/2k max. Hit a squllion red lights on the way. Then got to the car park and there was a courier van blocking the entrance for what seemed like an eternity. Ended up getting to the desk a minute or so late. I could've run there faster.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Hey Tesso...
Welcome to team J :)
I will enjoy reading what all you speedies are up too! See you in Sydney next week, good luck and enjoy the taper :)
Katie

8:04 AM  
Blogger miners said...

lol - a squillion red lights - hehehe

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home