Saturday, September 17, 2005

Cruisin' with k.d.

Friday morning I skipped the 6am start with the Regatta Runners and hit the road around 8.30am. It was pretty warm but I figure I need to get used to running in the heat as my next serious goal is sub 2 hours at December's Kurrawa to Pt Danger relay. Well, that was my excuse for a bit of a sleep in :-)

The quads were still a tad tight from Sunday and I wasn't sure how far I'd run. A bit ambitious I suppose but I'd put three of my k.d. lang CDs onto the iPod just in case. Felt good once I got going and ended up doing the Goodwill Bridge loop from home, a round trip of just over 10k.

One thing I like about marathon recovery is that for the next week or so you can run without worrying about how times and I was probably close to 6 minute pace. Got to listen to all of "Absolute Torch And Twang" - luv Big Boned Gal :-) Also heard half of "Angel With A Lariat". The quad tightness was all but gone by the time I finished.

Friday night was the Regatta Runners 'R' party - you had to go as something starting with the letter 'R' (anything but a runner or a rider). What a ball! Only downer of the night was Clairie couldn't come, so she'll have to make up for it a the Christmas bash.

You can see all the endurance training comes in handy, most of us were in our part of the pub until that part closed (2am). The bar upstairs was still going and they told us we could go up there and drink. Dressed the way we were, errr, I don't think so ....

3 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

Where are the 'R' party race report and photos Tesso?

5:51 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

The suspense Tesso.... what did you go as??
Good to see the legs are feeling better... how long does it take you before you fell like you have recovered from a marathon?I LOVE Kd Lang singing alelujia.... spine tingling!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Photos Tess.....we want photos.

Thanks again for making the time to come to the run this morning. It meant a lot to me.

Big hugs and kisses
xxxxxx

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home