Thursday, September 15, 2005

Something Blue

After doing a few kms with the Intraining group last night my legs felt way better so I knew exactly what I needed to do this afternoon to shake out the rest of that muscle tightness.

Seeing though it was going to be an easy run I wanted music to match, so loaded the iPod with something I hadn't listened to in a while, my Desperate Man Blues (http://www.desperatemanblues.com.au/) soundtrack, and headed off around 5.30pm for a liesurely 6k. Hmmm, must learn how to put tidier links into the blog.

Gave a wave to fellow Sydney marathoner and CR Beagle running in the other direction but he seemed to be deep in conversation and didn't see me. He sure looks to have recovered well. Then just after the turnaround there was a familiar blue and yellow cap heading towards me - CR Dom. It wasn't until after he sailed by grinning that I remembered he'd run the 50k at Glasshouse and he too looked surprisingly sprightly.

I'm usually a morning runner but it was nice to be out there at that time of day. The moon was almost full. The river was calm, the tide was in and the water a beautiful silvery blue colour. And the music was cruisey. Very pleasant indeed :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Is funny how doing the activity that made you stiff helps to make you feel better... I now find that I recover a lot quicker if I go out for a slow 30mins for a few days after a race. I usually feel like a mac truck starting off but once you warm up you feel so much better! That must be really exciting helping new runners to take flight!!! Especaiily watching them get hooked :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Now don't forget your tips Tesso. Tipping the Broncos ? Hmm, tough week this week. Lets just make sure that one of us catches Nando !

5:22 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

It sounded gorgeous running at that time of day. I managed my first run this morning (Friday) - it wasn't brilliant and it was only about 4.8km but I improved as I got into it. Here's hoping Sunday will be ok!

By the way, the Chocoholic cocktail was sublime!! ;)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I'm new to this running with music caper, but have found the blues to be excellent for running.

I have a few tracks from Clapton's "From the cradle" on my player at the moment.

Did the Desperate Man Blues movie ever get to Brisbane?

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home