Monday, September 05, 2005

Decisions decisions .....

It was a day off work for me today. Its been a weekend of late nights and early mornings, and with the annual Regattafest going on all around my place there was way to much noise during the day to even think about a nanna nap.

So rather than head out at 6am with the Regatta Runners I took the opportunity for a bit of a sleep in and hit the road around 8.30. Last night I loaded the iPod with my new Smog CD "A River Ain't Too Much To Love" in preparation for the solo jaunt. It was just an easy 6k, although I felt like running further as the music was so good. Smog's Bill Callanan has been described by one reviewer as a campfire-friendly Leonard Cohen :-)

Tomorrow morning is our monthly TT at Pat's. Two of my wonderful training partners and fellow CRs Jonesy and Puntermatt have offered to pace me to a PB (11:53) as both are recovering from flus. I'm not sure, however, whether a 'fast' 3k would hamper my Sydney marathon effort. Then again, I doubt if I'll be getting close to a PB on Sunday, and tomorrow morning may just have a chance of something a little special. By the same token I have the opportunity to run 3k every month, though not always with the guys to assist.

A sensible alternative is to run the 3k at my marathon race pace, and in the process maybe assist someone else in the group to a PB of their own.

But wait, there's more. I believe all I have to do is run under 12:09 and I get a nice shiny medal as it would be a fourth consecutive faster time when my PB is over three months ago. Ha ha, I think that's the case if I understand the 'rules'.

So I don't know what to do. Really I should just ask Pat, but I'm not going to because whatever his answer is I reckon I won't like it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

Well I'm certainly no expert, but I would be going for the nice shiny medal. Which is probably why I'm no expert.... :)

7:57 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Heh Tesso. Great Blog Mate!

Hope you are happy with how you went this morning. It is always hard to run slow when you know you can go faster - especially as you seem to be peaking at the right time for the marathon so I think you would have been a sub 12 today for sure. Regardless the Sydney marathon is only once a year and the time trial is every month. You deserve more medals than you could possibly win and I truly mean that

9:39 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

So What did you decide to do ???? I hope you got a shiny medal, you deserve it :) Now you can just eat more and justify it with I am refuelling :)

12:46 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

So what decision did you make concerning the TT? By the sounds of it you're running really well at the moment so you must be looking forward to Sunday. I am too, believe it or not! I think I'm finally over the lurgy. Just have to stop eating otherwise I could be carrying a few extra kilos on Sunday and I don't need that! See you there!!! And good luck!!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home