Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Friday On My Mind

Went back to the physio Monday. He was pretty happy with how I pulled up from the 30k at Bribie, the muscle strain/tear was no worse. There was a fair bit of DOMS by that stage so when the massaging and pummelling started the pain was almost unbearable - on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate it about 23.

He told me I needed to work on my core strength and gave me a couple more exercises to add to the list. Seems there's a lot of work to be done. I told him I hoped to run 25k at BRRC Sunday so he wants me to rest to let the muscle heal properly. He suggested no running until Friday, and even then its just a 5k run. Four whole days off :-(

I asked if all of this would make me run faster and he said probably not, but I'd be able to run further ... er, where's that 2006 ultra calendar ;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Further Tesso! That's what I would like to be able to do...just keep on going. I really admire the ultra runners. Do you reckon you will be ready for the 100 miles next year?

7:47 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Eddie, do you mean 100 miles of trails at Glasshouse?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..... NO!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

After doing 30k on the beach, you would expect a little residual soreness even if you didn't have an injury.

My back actually felt worse today but still hopeful of running Sunday at this stage.

9:14 PM  
Blogger silverfox said...

Tesso

I can really appreciate your predicament re not running. Personally I am hopeless, but I think in the big scheme 4 days is nothing and you will be jumping out of your skin afterwards. You would kick yourself if you headed out in the next couple of days and did more damage. Be patient and take the time to do other stuff, sleep in, take a lunch break, etc you know what I mean!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Run further....?? here I was thinking you just didn't STOP running hee hee.

I guess you'll be doing the allnighter at Dusk till Dawn in Feb then?

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home