Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sidelined :-(

Pat's the Thursday after the time trial is always an easyish one. This morning was 6 x 2 minute reps, and then the usual 1k No Watch. Also today was Michael's final session, he heads home to Japan tomorrow after more than 2 years in Brissie, so we'd planned a group brekky post run.

Warmed up to New Farm and did some strides before starting the reps. I was feeling a little weary from yesterday and so wasn't totally busting a gut. Halfway through the last rep my left quad just suddenly started hurting. Within a meter or two I had to pull up, every step hurt. Funny thing was there was no pain just standing or when I walked, just when I tried to run. Ended up walking all the way back to the Ship Inn, and Scotty was kind enough to accompany me and listen to the more than occasional whinge.

Such a great crew at Pat's, everybody showed their concern. A very glam looking Clairie, who hadn't run but was there for the brekky, sprinted over to me in her high heels when she saw me walking back.

Saw the physio a few hours later. He's pretty sure its not a quad strain as it only hurts when I run. He put it down to a bio-mechanical imbalance and did some really mean massaging and prodding and stuff. He gave me some stretches/exercises to do at home before my next appointment on Saturday.

I hinted that I was running 30k at the Bribie Beach Bash on Sunday. Ha ha, he more than hinted that I wasn't!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Yikes. Sorry to hear about your quad Tesso. Fingers are crossed that you are back on the road in no time at all :-)

J.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

So sorry to hear that Tesso. Good luck!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Did you get a good bruise? I rank how nasty the physio has been on how quickly I get a nasty looking bruise :) I am sorry to hear about you Quad!!! Hopefully a few good massage and a few easier days sorts that out quickly! Whak some ice on and slef massage seems to work for all my niggles!
Take it easy and grumble all you like .. it makes me fell better :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Tesso I am totally floored to find you are human. Here I was always looking for where you put the batteries in when you ran past!!!

It was a big shock when everyone came back telling me you had hurt yourself. I didn't believe them. Then I saw you walking over the bridge and I knew - you don't walk!!!

Thankfully it sounds like a few days of rest (a word not in your dictionary I know) and some massage will see it as history.

......don't forget Bribie has a 3km!!!

Best of luck with the Massage tomorrow yikes sounds painful...but miracles are worked with the hands :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Sorry to hear it Tesso - I'm no expert but if it is a "mechanical imbalance" it may be worth a trip to a chiro to look at your hips/pelvis. Good luck with it :-)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Yuck!!! I feel for you..... make the most of your REST time and you'll be back running again at full speed before you know it I'm sure :)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Enjoy the rest Tesso. You won't know yourself once you've freshened up.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home