Thursday, October 06, 2005

Lazy Eleven

Ran a pretty easy 11k Wednesday morning. For the first time all year I missed the monthly 3k time trial Tuesday as I was mid flight from Sydney. I'd contemplated doing it my own but just couldn't be bothered. I know from my Saturday 10k race that my time would've been slow anyway.

So I was happy just to cruise along and listen to a new mix of music including The Vines, Bjork, Sleepy Jackson, and The B52s singing Meet The Flintstones :-) Heck, there was even a bit of country in there with Hank Williams 'Lost Highway'.

Backed up later in the day for the Intraining Beginners group. We had them doing a stretch of about 200 meters where they'd sprint one way and recover the other. Ten minutes of that was followed by a 'guess your 1k time'. I had to get to work just as that kicked off but Clairie tells me one of the guys, Greg, was spot on with his prediction of 5 minutes flat! Most of the others got pretty close too, I think they are getting a good feel for pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home