Monday, October 17, 2005

Three Little Words

The legs are a bit sore after yesterday's BRRC race. Funny, you expect it after a half marathon but for some reason I didn't think there'd be a problem after 25k. D'oh! It hardly bothered me during the race but today the abductor is hurting a little, I just hope it settles down before I see Adam the physio for my battering tomorrow.

Spent a while at the gym this morning doing lots of ab crunches and upper body stuff. By the end of the weights workout I even saw some muscles. Pity they weren't mine ;-)

I did my physio exercises while I was there and would've seemed a real dag as they don't look like much at all. People probably thought I was just lying on the mat listening to my iPod moving my legs every now and then. But they are hard, and they hurt a little more than usual today, so I threw in the odd grimmace to make it look good.

Anyway, I must've been thinking out loud just a bit too much about ultras next year because a couple of weeks ago Horrie, in a comment on my blog, uttered the words 'Poor Mans Comrades' ( http://www.coolrunning.com.au/fatass/poormans/index.shtml ). Aunty Karin said the same thing last week. Scary stuff.

6 Comments:

Blogger Clairie said...

Go for it Tesso.

You will do well at Poor Mans and I will be sure to be there for you cheering along the way.

Hope Adam doesn't hurt too much. But if he does (and I am sure he will) just remember PAIN IS TEMPORARY!!!

5:12 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

PMC hmmm we could make it a Team J outing..... well that's if boyz are allowed to play too

6:56 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Now if you grunt and grimmace... that willimpress them :)

I have sore adductor thingy's as well...quite tight and knotty. Actually my whole body is tight and knotty... I need my own private massage man ( Ray refuses after three days straight of " can you rub my calves?" )

PMC sounds scary!! I think 2P your dreaming if you think team J will be up for that ( some of us anyway... me namely!!) I will be definately head cheer girl though :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

C'mon Tess, with the way you tear up the long stuff, you would do great at PMC. It's a nice time of year to be doing a long run as well. Hope the body sorts itself out.

8:56 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Well done on your age group gold medal in the 25km the other day - it sounded like it was a good run. Considering your injury that was a pretty good effort.

Had some chocolate licorice bullets at work today :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Spud said...

PMC.. Tesso, now you got my attention.
Go for it girl, you've had a whiff of the dark side already, I believe ;-)

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home