Monday, October 24, 2005

Walkin'

Friday night was my one and only run for the fortnight (physio's orders) so it was back to walking Saturday. I met up with the Brisbane Running Buddies for their 6am start and as most of them were running for 90 minutes I walked for roughly the same amount of time. Guess I covered about 9k.

Went to see Adam (physio) later on in the day. He reckons there's a lot more strength in the muscle. He's given me a couple more exercises and says the stretching can start tomorrow.

Sunday morning I walked 6k and then followed it up with an hour or more at the gym.

I can start running again in about a week. Then its easy does it pace wise, though Adam says the distance doesn't really matter. Guess if you're gonna have an injury this isn't a bad one to have. I just can't do anything fast and definitely no sudden acceleration or deceleration. And I must ensure I tape my leg every time. He wants me to have a few days of running before seeing him again.

Arrived at Noosa a little while ago for a weeks hol :-) Pity, this is my favourite place to run, walks through the National Park just won't be the same.

Then again, this local Internet cafe costs an arm and a leg so by Friday I might be rolling down Hastings St in a wheelchair.

7 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

On the bright side you will see more in the NP walking ;-)

Enjoy the break.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Glad to hear your on the right track!! I don't know about you but I am getting very itchy feet :)

7:13 AM  
Blogger miners said...

Enjoy your time up there Tess - I know what you mean about the running spots! That headland is just fantastic for the early morning runs.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Cirque said...

Enjoy your holiday Tesso. If you can't run you have some beautiful beaches to play in!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

This is good news Tesso. Keep on enjoying the Holiday.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So good to know you're able to do a run, Tess! No need to tell someone as experienced as you just how good walking can be; take yur time & don't be tempted too soon - just enjoy Noosa, but without the wheelchair!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Just wondering how you are doing Tesso? Are you back running yet?

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home