Saturday, November 05, 2005

Never Say Never

Thursday morning I was on the road, well, the bikepath, at 5am. Still I only had time to do 6km and then follow it up with the physio exercises and stretches as I had to be at work at 7am.

The abductor pain isn't getting any worse, though it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Well, I don't think so. Maybe I'm expecting too much. Anyway, decided after that to cancel the planned Friday morning run altogether and just did my exercises.

There's already talk of the 2006 Caboolture Dusk to Dawn (early Feb) on CoolRunning. In one message there was a reference back to the thread about this years race. I ran the 6 hours then and also in 2004 and enjoyed both very much. In the thread about this years race CR Eddie suggested I will probably want to do the 12 hours next year to which I replied "Eddie, the 12 hours ... NEVER!!!!!!!!"

Well, doing the 12 hours there is my first major goal of 2006 :-)

Still trying to decided on exactly how far I'd like to cover in that time, though 100k is a nice round figure.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

WOW!!!!

I like big goals.

GO TESSO GO!!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Bennyr said...

That is one montrous goal, Tesso.

Good luck with it. I look forward to tracking your progress.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

That's a great goal Tess. Happy to see you are back running. Hope the recovery continues to go well.

12:58 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Tesso next you will be lining up for the Coast to Kosi!!!

BTW 7am is far too early to start work;-)

8:39 PM  
Blogger D said...

OMG - 12 hours of running????????? How many miles can you cover in 6 hours? How do you train for a 12 hour (or even 6 for that matter) run???? WOW>.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Spud said...

Welcome Tesso, please do come in. :-)

12hrs, good to hear!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

Oh Tesso, it's like that! My goal was an ultra before age 30. Now it's 100km before age 30. I have a sneaky suspicion I still might get there early...

2:19 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Nothing like getting a goal out there for everyone to see it! I like your style Tesso!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

"12 Hour Tesso" ... has a nice ring to it! I know you can do it.

9:36 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

You're are certifiably insane! I thought I was mad but I've more than met my match!!!! Good on you - that's quite goal. So you are doing that and the poor man's Comrades next year?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

geez, you're mad!! :)

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home