Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fit To Govern

Tuesday morning it was back to Pat's for my first 'speed' session in over four weeks. On the pgm just happened to be my favourite, hills in the City Botanic Gardens.

Taking heed of the physio's advice from the previous day I was probably working at about 80% on the uphills. But rather than jog recover I kept up the pace a little. I figure if I can't to the speed work at full throttle for a while, this would sort of make up for it. Even if physically I don't get as good a workout at least mentally I'll feel a little better.

In the time I've been away a few new people have joined in, including ultra runner Min. She's done a couple of 100km events and is in training for next year's Comrades (the real one). She wasn't aware of the Caboolture Dusk to Dawn run in February, and I might have just convinced her to come along for the 12 houry.

Also thinking about Caboolture, as a team entrant, is Deputy Premier Anna Bligh who trains with us at Pat's. During the warm up she was just behind me in our little group. Next thing a familiar face overtook us - it was Opposition Leader Lawrence Springborg, also an avid runner. I felt like yelling to him "we're just warming up, you should see her when she puts the foot down!" :-)))

4 Comments:

Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

Tesso, what's the date of the dusk 'til dawn?

3:44 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Politicians make good runners - all that teflon makes for very low energy losses due to friction ;-)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Good to see you mixing in the right circles Tess. Who knows, you might end up Minister For Sport.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

They have finally agreed on a starting time for the "Date With Destiny". Alas it is 6:00am, the same time as the BRRC race.

If I had known you were going in the CNC I would could have arranged a swap then. Maybe the 5k Champs in two weeks time. I can't imagine you won't be racing. Even when you are injured you are racing, doing speed sessions and planning on 12 hour races.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home