Friday, November 11, 2005

Two Tenners

Pat's on Thursday morning was two 10 minute efforts. Dunno why (well, actually I think I do) but this has to be my least favourite session, though the Gardens are my favourite place to run. The legs were feeling a little sore from the previous nights race, so I knew it wasn't going to be a brilliant.

Starting at the amphitheatre and it was 5 mins out and 5 mins back, rest 1 1/2 mins, then out and back again. The second trip out I got to about 20 meters short of where I had first time, not good. So I really pushed it coming back, getting to the start with 8 seconds to spare. I was happy with that until I thought about it. This exercise is all about pacing, we should arrive back at the start dead on the 5 minutes. So all it proved was I was slacking off on the way out! And I realised I've been away too long, I totally forgot about the 'surprise' run up the killer grassy slope that Pat always makes us do at the end of our last effort.

On a cheerful note it was Kate's last Pat class before getting married next Friday, so we organised something special for her wear. And every now and then Clairie would burst into a chorus of 'Going to the Chapel' :-) Lots of laughs on an otherwise painful morning.



3 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

I have a theory about pacing when "coming back". I think we match our perceived pace to our breathing. When coming back from injury the breath can be a little laboured so we think we are going faster than we are which makes it hard to judge - well that's my theory ;-)

BTW nice Skins :-)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Pacing is the hardest thing isn't it? Maybe that's why those Garmin things are selling so well.

2:30 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Must try this workout at some stage - my pacing can be all over the place sometimes.

Love the photos - you are looking very comfortable.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home