Sunday, November 20, 2005

Catching Up

Thursday 17th Nov

Wednesday, for some strange reason my quads were really sore, as if I'd done a tough hill session the day before. They weren't much better Thursday. It was as if Saturday's Mt Coot-tha run had finally caught up with me. Talk about DOMS!

On the pgm at Pat's was 2 x 5 ninute efforts and then about 10 minutes of Goodwill Bridge reps. Though I wasn't 'flying' in the 5 minute efforts I felt a little better than I did Tuesday,

Running up to the crest of the bridge and back again the group gets pretty spread out and on the last one I found myself in the lead with the nearest runner about 10 meters behind. So the goal was to totally bust a gut and get to the top without anyone passing me. Almost did it, Gary got me with a few meters to go.

The final rep was all the way over the bridge and up the little hill past the Ship Inn to the traffic lights. Amazing how by adding just that little bit to it wiped everyone out!


*******


Friday 18th Nov

After flying in to Sydney the previous night I was tempted to have a little trot down to Darling Harbour and back but the quads were still a little sore so decided a rest day was in order. Did lots and lots of walking though.

Met up with Sydney CRs Jen, Owly, Lulu and Mark (CR Don Juan) at the Lindt Cafe for arvo tea so that to me counts as a running activity :-) Sadly I'm on this stupid 'no chocolate in November' thing so there wasn't much on the menu that I could have other than a choc sprinkle free cappucino. Next time I'm there I think I'll work my way through the menu to make up for it.

It was great to catch up with the gang. Seeing Jen and Owly's 2006 race calendars really blew me away. Those girls are so organinsed and have got some very exciting plans, very inspiring. Must sit down and do something similar myself I think.


*******


Saturday 19th Nov

Quads were feeling almost normal again so after about an hour of procrastinating about it finally went out for a little trot around 8.30am. All up did about 6k at a very cruisey pace. Didn't want to do too much with the SMC half the next morning.

First I ran across to Victoria Park and around there a little then down Glebe Pt Rd. The plan was to run through Bi-Centennial Park but rather than go left I followed the path to the right for a while.

It was great coming back up through the back streets of Glebe and checking out all the old houses, we just don't see places like that in Brisbane. Funny, the really interesting ones were on uphills - I just had to stop running and walk past these to get a better look :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

That is DDDDOMS Tesso!

You learn something every day - there is more than 1 Bicentennial Park in Sydney - go figure ;-)

Sounds like a great weekend - look forward to reading your report on the SMC :-)

9:02 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

LOL - turns out there are 4!!!

:-)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Great to see you Friday and I hope we Sydneysiders took good care of you!

Now I must remember that house gazing technique next time I'm on one of my more hilly courses!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

>>Sadly I'm on this stupid 'no chocolate in November' thing so there wasn't much on the menu that I could have <<<

Ouch!! That would be like me going to a good microbrewery while on the wagon. Frankly, I wouldn't step foot in the place.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home