Friday, November 25, 2005

Coach Clairie

After giving away the Wednesday night Intraining group there was no replacement available this week so I went along. It had been raining all afternoon and I was secretly hoping that would keep people away. Just two of the regulars turned up and so off we went to Suncorp Stadium. I told them I'd had a big run in the morning so if they didn't mind I'd be doing a bit of standing around. Got them to do some shorter efforts, then several hill reps, then some more short efforts. I joined in at times, usually just in their recovery phase. It didn't rain a drop while we were out but both were drenched from putting in 110% in very humid conditions.

I was on day shift Thursday I parked the car at work early and jogged over to The Ship Inn for the start of Pat's session. Met up with Jonesy on the city side of the Goodwill Bridge and we decided we had enough time to walk the rest of the way. Then it was off to the amphitheatre in the Gardens. Clairie was in a particularly jovial mood. Just moments earlier she had stolen and hidden Pat's "runners ahead" type signs from outside the loo while he was in there. And now she was shouting at everyone to get in line for some strides. What else could Pat do but hand the session over to her to take :-)

So I was hoping her next command would be "lets stroll to the cafe for brekky" but alas we had to do two sets of 4 min fast, 30 sec slow, 2 min fast, 30 sec standing recovery, then one final 4 min effort (luckily that's exactly what was on the pgm). I had to be at work by 7am so with that final 4 mins I just kept on going right out of the Gardens and continued up through town towards work.

Got the usual strange looks from my workmates as I arrived at the desk red-faced, huffing and puffing, and sweating like a pig. Wonder why they don't all take up running???

5 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

I like the excuse you can give though if you don't turn up on time: "It's just that I was running late..."

Re: one of my previous - I find that the Brauer Joint and Muscle (Sports Ice Gel) is better for recovery and also assists healing. I use Nurofen Gel before I run to keep the inflamation down.

Cheers ;-)

11:06 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

My thoughts exactly - everyone at my work, without exception, thinks I'm mad!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Keep them guessing Tesso... Red in the face, huffing and puffing- you could be up to anything :)

Boom Boom 2p :)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

That Clairie sounds like a bit of a tyrant, Tesso. See what happens when a girl gives up her coffee?

7:54 AM  
Blogger D said...

Ditto what CJ said! LOL.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home