Friday, December 02, 2005

2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad

.... but 1 out of 2 ain't good.

Thursday at Pat's was 2 x 2km and 1 x 1km with 90 secs recovery between each. My goal was to do the 2ks under 8:20 and the 1k under 4:10.

Headed off for the first 2k and up to about the 1k mark was running with Tori and Scotty, but I managed to break away from them after that. As expected Scotty flew by with about 200m to go and shortly after Tori caught up and we encouraged eachother in a race to the line. Time - 8:19 :-)

Heading out for the second 2k I could definitely feel the effects of the long run the day before. Still, I tried to keep Clairie (who had taken off earlier) in my sights and not let her increase the distance between us. I almost managed to do that but failed in my bid to go sub 8:20. Time - 8:35 :-(

I knew before I started the 1k was gonna be sad, I was knackered! Clairie took off about 10 secs before I did and again I tried to keep that same distance, but try as I did she just got further and further in front. Time - 4:18 :-(

I guess our fastish longish run on Wednesday caught up with me. Still, with goals of better marathons and ultras I like the idea of throwing in a decent mid-week effort as we did, even if the speed work suffers slightly the next day.

6 Comments:

Blogger D said...

You're making me tired just reading about your swim! Nice effort running the other day! Awesome negative split and good job on not stopping for that toast!!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Speedsters are just show offs anyway. Who'd want to be one ;-)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great effort there Tesso - thanks for the tip on "Holly Cam". I'm working on adapting a pouch to fit onto her collar so I can capture those special moments.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

17k at 4:52 pace sandwiched between two speedwork sessions...ouch!

9:24 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

So does this mean that a mid-week nana nap will also be happening as well?!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

If you're not tired at the start of a session you haven't been working hard enough. I haven't felt fresh for months. Still some decent times there.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home