Saturday, December 10, 2005

Prognosis Positive

Because of the hammy and glute pain I decided to skip the planned Friday Regatta Run and rest. Hit the gym in the afternoon for a easy stretch and abs session but strangely felt motivated enough to do all my weights as well. Between there and home I did all my physio stuff too.

This morning (Saturday) the hammy was still a little sore when walking. Actually its even hurts as I sit here typing. Anyway, I wanted to give it a try before tomorrow. There were about 8 of us there amongst the crowd this morning who are doing Kurrawa and we declared it was going to be short and slow, with mine maybe being the shortest and slowest of the lot.

The minute I started running it felt fine, no hint of any pain at all. Woohoo! Mark (iliketoast), MJ and I turned around at the 2k mark and let the others run on. The other Kurrawa runners were away an hour, but apparently 20 minutes of that was spent leaning on a railing talking. Hmmmm, last minute secret training.

The Brisbane Running Buddies have got a number of mixed teams in for tomorrow and at brekky the trophy was unveiled, as were the Fruit Loops wreaths for the winners. Glenno put the trophy together using and an old tennis one and a running one. Its perpetual, backdated to 2004. So Nick and I get to have it for six months for our victory last year. With a bit of luck (and if all the others sleep in and miss the start) we'll get to have it for twelve :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

Go Tesso! Pleased to hear that your hammy/glute is behaving itself. Have fun!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Running can be such a pain in the butt at the most inappropiate times (pardon the pun) but it is good to hear that this isn't the case for you. Good luck tomorrow.

2:03 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

This is good news indeed Tesso :-)

I like the sound of an edible wreath!

Looking forward to the report and a pic of the trophy ;-)

2:26 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Looking forward to the race report that says the trophy is yours for 12 months! Enjoy the day.

TA

7:29 PM  
Blogger D said...

Great News Tesso! Good luck tomorrow.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Good on you Tesso! I hope you went well today! I listened to your advice about big picture and rested Friday as well :-) Thanks it is helpful to have some wise words to remind me to be patient :-)

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home