Thursday, December 08, 2005

Pain In The Butt

I'm starting to think the 'easy' session we do the Thursday after our 3k TT is cursed. Last time I did it was October and that day, even though I was probably only going 80%, I got injured.

Today we had 6 x 1 1/2 minute efforts and then the traditional 1k No Watch run, where we all put in a gold coin and pre-guess our time. Closest to the mark wins. Well, Camp Quality wins, they get the $$$. Whoever's guess is nearest gets the receipt.

With Kurrawa to Pt Danger relay on Sunday in mind I want to stay in one piece so I really did take it easy this morning in the reps, again maybe around 80% effort at most.

For the 1k Clairie and I had written down 4:45. If we do 25 of them on Sunday we'll run sub 2 hours, so saw it as good pacing practice. I thought she was going a bit fast, and she must've thought I was going a bit slow, after taking off together we soon seperated. We were both right! She did 4:40 and I did 4:51 :-) Tori 'won' today, just one second off.

Felt good after the session, came home and slept a while (worked night shift last night). When I got up I had a sore left hammy and glute :-(

Hopefully its nothing but it does hurt a little when I walk. And sit. So instead of the usual physio exercises in front of Bold and the Beautiful this afternoon it was just icing. And I don't mean on the cake.

Bugger bugger bugger.

10 Comments:

Blogger Toasty said...

I feel like I should offer some sort of advice or remedy but I'm sure you know more about these things. I hope it's nothing that will interfere with your impending Kurrawa triumph

8:22 PM  
Blogger silverfox said...

Tesso

I hope it is only a minor thing. Rest up, look after yourself and I am certain you will be right for the start. You of all people deserve it.

Cheers
Nick

9:51 PM  
Blogger the_en4cer said...

Another member of the shift working clan. I'm not sure if you've noticed this but something I've realised over the last few years is that a good majority of those who do shift work are also heavily into the fitness training - maybe its a way to keep our sanity??

I hope your injury isn't too severe!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Fingers crossed for you Tess. Take it easy over the next few days

:-)

6:09 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Stretch, ice and a day of rest will hopefully sort it out. My glute and hip is feeling HEAPs better, but my left hammie is also a bit sore... whats in the water???

You will do well I am sure at Kurrawa... sub 2hrs here you come!

7:00 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Poor rehaearsal makes for a brilliant opening nigth :-)

Break a leg Tesso!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Like the Black Knight from Monty Python, I imagine "it is only a flesh wound" and you will be there on Sunday no matter what. Hope it is one piece.

There used to be a rule of thumb that said - as a minimum you need at least one day of recovery for every racing mile put in.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

Stretch those glutes and show up on Sunday.
Happy Trails!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Tis a pain in the butt Tesso truly.

However I don't believe even a broken leg will keep you from the start of this race.

Hope the icing worked well yesterday and you are feeling better about the ache today.

Remember what that guy said about he injury - it could be with you for many months. Hence don't panic if it hurts a bit after a week of hard running!

At least it is one injury that does not bother you during the run.

Maybe go for a little 3km jog to ease your mind that it doesn't get worse or hurt when you are running.
oh - and don't forget to don those skins!!

Thinking of you. :) *big hugs*

9:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope all goes well on Sunday, Tess; in the meantime, take care & give the hammie a nice long rest! Look forward to your report & thanks for comments on my blog, Tess; even surprised myself how quickly I recovered from 6ft TTSV, but I wasn't actually 'racing' it! Must be getting tougher with age!!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home