Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Surely She Can't Be Siri-ous

Even though it was my day off the plan was to hit the road early. I do remember seeing 5:20 on the clock, and 6:10, and even 7:00. Managed to haul myself out of bed around 7:30am and stuffed around for so long that it almost 8:00 before I set out for my run.

Just checking the Met Bureau site now I see it was 29.5 degrees when I left home and 32.4 about an hour later when I got back. I thought it was a bit warmish. It was a very cruisey run, I listened to some recently acquired tunes including some from The Sadies and Ryan Adams, kinda went well with the pace I was doing.

Bumped into Siri and AB on their bikes a couple of hundred meters from home on the return journey. Siri had done the 50k solo at Kurrawa on Sunday, and done it in record time (3:54) - how the hell does she recover so well!

After the race she had been talking to me about getting an Australian ladies team together for the World 100k Champs next October, talking, you know, as if she wanted me to be part of it. I figured she'd just spent too long in the sun. But she was on about it again this morning, and getting very excited about the prospect. She said you can have up to six in the team, and they take the top four times. She said something about the men's team not finishing and how the girls could show them a thing or two. I tried to explain that I've never run anywhere close to that distance before, not to mention I was slow! Anyway, I went mad at her for putting ideas in my head and wished her a Merry Christmas.

Mid morning it was back to Adam the physio for what I thought might be the final session. Alas, there is still more work to be done. He thinks the hammy/glute pain I had last week was probably a minor tear and so has given me even more strengthening exercises.

Hit the gym late afternoon for the usual upper body weights, abs, and some stretching. Came home and did all my physio exercises, I think there's 9 or 10 different ones now, so it takes quite a while to get through them.

Gees, this whole fitness caper is becoming very time consuming.

12 Comments:

Blogger psbowe said...

Nice running there! I like the pictures too.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sounds to me like the seed has been planted in your mind Tesso

Go Tess go !!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Hi Tess,

Just read your blog. I think it is a wonderful goal for you to have - depending on when it is.

I would certainly have to come along and cheer you on so I'll be looking forward to it.

Good to see you were able to get out and do an hours run - even at a comfy pace. Then to back it up for speed session this morning - anyone else wouldnt think you just had a big race on Sunday anno-one would guess you had hammy injuries. No wonder you got the name Superwoman. You earned it :)

Great to run with you this morning (or chase you at least). Am looking forward to a much more leisurely run tomorrow though :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

You seem to recover pretty darn quick yourself ;-)

Tesso you are becoming more and more enamoured with the dark side than is good for you - I love it!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey Tess... an australian team!! Team J would be most impressed with that :-) We will all have to pick up our game haha

12:06 PM  
Blogger miners said...

hahahaha ... sorry tess . . . hahah .. i thought i saw something ... haha .. about you STILL ... haha ... claiming to be slow!!!

hee hee hee

(btw - I think karisma would be particularly devastated to hear you suggest such a thing)

2:04 PM  
Blogger miners said...

and the others are right - I think the seed is well planted and taking root. How thrilling would it be for our Tess to be part of THE Australian team??

do it do it do it do it do it do it

2:06 PM  
Blogger miners said...

hee hee hee

no - I DID see it ... haha ha ha

"not to mention I was slow!"

there it is again .. ha ha .. in black and white .. ha ha

hee hee hee

2:07 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

That would be a great opportunity, definetly worth thinking about. Slow! was that the word you used, come on, you ran a great time on Sunday even with a wardrobe malfunction. Good to see you can back up for some cruisy runs after a run like that, im usually crippled for a week :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

Sounds like the others have answered any questions you may have had about your ability Tesso. I second (or is that thirteenth) everything they've said.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

PMC would be a great prep for a tilt at a 100km! ;)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

She hit me up too, Tesso, and so did Ian. I was enthusiastic until she listed everyone else's names and I realised how sheeeet I am in comparison, which was kind of depressing. I would be such a joke on that team. I think I will stick to the Glasshouse series with the aim of being a competent runner by the time I am thirty.

You, on the other hand, would be fantastic. I happen to know you have done 62.??? km ;) and you would have no problem making the selection times!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home