Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I don't get out of bed for less than $10000 a day

I think we had record numbers at Pat's this morning - I tried to count, there were maybe about 50 all up. And most came adorned in the official Pat Carroll Running Group gear too because we had Glenno, photographer for R4YL mag, taking snaps to go with the article Matty has written for the January issue.

On the pgm was 8 x 1 minute efforts, though we ended up doing 6 x 1 min and 1 x 2 minute. The recoveries were short, around 30 seconds. On the warm-down we stopped in front of Admiralty Towers and did some back and forth running so more action photos could be taken.

Then it was back to South Bank for our usual post run treats and, for those who could hang back a little, some more pics. This time it was laps of up the stairs next to the Ship Inn and down the ramp. Following this we went to the Goodwill Bridge and ran up the hill on it several times as Glenno took his final shots.

So not too painful a session today really.

Off for a massage shortly. Now that's gonna be painful.

11 Comments:

Blogger D said...

A blogging star?

I love my IPOD! I miss being able to use it while running in the pool. I wish they were waterproof!!! It would help with the EXTREME BOREDOM!!!!!!!!!

9:10 AM  
Blogger RunDave said...

If you make it into R4YL, how many magazine appearances does that make it for the last couple of years?

12:37 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Tess the star is going to be a star all over again!! Can't wait for the next issue now.

How much do you get for the judicious number of royalties you've been receiving for all your appearances lately?

4:17 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

At my workplace if you get a photo published in a mag/paper and then that photo is seen by a fellow workmate then you owe them a beer or 24 ( just one of those stupid work rules). So having a photographer there would have sent me running in another direction.

Sounded like a good session though

4:27 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I waiting for the RFYL/Pat Carroll Calendar!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Only $10 000 Tesso???? I think such a distinguished team J member could demand at least twice that ;-)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Looking forward to the release of the Tesso T.T. film and Xbox game.

8:50 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Wondered why you weren't in chat - off signing autographs I expect :-)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Where do I get a copy of R4YL? I be wanting to get some autographs from all you Media Running Tarts.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Looks like you dozed off again after reading my blog.

Let us know your plans next month for 2007.

8:43 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Just a quick little note to wish you all the best for a safe and happy Christmas Tess. It's been wonderful to meet you this year (has it only been a year? amazing!) and I've really loved the times we've caught up for races, and appreciated the thoughts you've been sending my way.

All the best for 2006, especially for your PMC training (and go get yourself on the AUS 100k team). btw, get ready for a visit early in the year! :)

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home