Monday, December 19, 2005

iPlod

The legs seemed to have recovered okay from Saturday's big effort, but I didn't really feel like getting out there this morning. Still I managed to be out the door at the relatively late hour of 7am, thinking it was gonna be warm and regretting that lazy lie in.

Surprisingly there was a bit of a breeze so it wasn't too bad. I just wanted an easy run, maybe 8 to 10k so ran along the bike path and into the Gardens to the 5k mark. Was feeling fine so ran a further 1km before turning around for home. Not too many runners out and about this morning, though I was a bit later than usual. Saw Tim in his work gear riding in the other direction, and just coming out of the Gardens Lew came along on his bike and cycled beside me for about a km. We had a chat about upcoming events, he's training for his 7th Hell Of The West triathlon in Goondiwindi in Feb. And next on his list is Canberra Marathon.

Ran about 5:50 pace I guess, and had some good music on the iPod to keep me entertained. Though its had a bit of an injury this past week, every time I turn up the volume it stops and starts as if the battery is almost flat. Its seeing the iPodiatrist at the Apple store tomorrow :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

Glad that you recovered well after that epic journey that you done on Saturday.

Sounds like the ipod is getting you back after the incident at kurrawa, hopefully it is a minor problem.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I hope there is nothing serious with the i-pod... that would be a disaster!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I was going to go out on Sunday .... but decided to leave it til this morning ... I think I shared your initial enthusiasm or lack of it ... but got through the run and acutually found it quite nice compared to all the hot weather we've been having. Keep at it, you are well on the way to the 12hrs.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great recovery Tesso! I find it amazing that you can get back out there so quickly after your 4hr stint on the weekend!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

If the Ipod is busted, I'm sure you'll manage your way through it, in the same manner as you seem to do with all your own injuries.

Must say I have enjoyed having my player back. And the cooler weather is good also. Hope it lasts.

10:11 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Finally caught up my reading :-)
You have been very busy lately - is it prep for PMC or the 100k.... argh the choices.

Have a great Christmas,

TA

7:09 AM  
Blogger RunDave said...

Thanks Tesso. The goals are in the personal description section, but I might move them into their own section in the sidebar. Shame you don't like fruit mince pies. Plenty of other Chrissy things to help challenge the scales though.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home