Friday, January 13, 2006

Work Needed

Today Total: 12k
Week Total: 49k
Month Total: 159k
Year Total: 159k

I worked overnight last night and had taken all my stuff in with me just in case I felt like a trot around 5am and had no work to do. We are going through our quietest time of the year so knew if I did feel like it I'd be able to run.

The legs weren't really sore, but the hips and glutes were. In fact for the first time I can recall ever these have been hurting and have been for the past month or so. I'm wondering if its because my body isn't used to all the physio exercises and stretching.

Anyway, I'd finished everything that needed to be done before end of shift so hit the road around 5.15am and the first 500m or so were a bit of a struggle but after that all the kinks seemed to be gone. I wasn't pushing it, running about 5:45 pace.

I ran down to Riverside then to New Farm Park and did a lap. Then another. Then I thought it might be good mental practice for Caboolture (12hrs on a 500m circuit) to do more laps before running back. I managed two more before getting bored with it. Hmmmm, might need to do more work on that side of things.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

I think there is a big difference between running in a deserted park to what you will experience at Caboolture. The atmosphere and excitement will no doubt eliminate the boredom of running laps.

Not to mention the cheering spectators, all those eyes focused on you for your first 12hr event.

Just kidding, didn't mean to add any pressure. Im sure you wont even notice. :)

2:34 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

A zillion laps of 500m will be a test for the hips, glutes and everything else - even your teeth will be hurting.

That run on Thursday - why can't we have those days for races!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

So you could have come to Mt Coot-tha with Siri and I! We're going to have a girlie run one night next week, only not Tuesdays, so let me know when's good!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

What Sahne said is spot on - I bet you dont even notice you are running laps in all the excitement!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

I'm sure Caboolture will be totally different Tesso.

In answer to your question on my blog, the area where we run is called the Minnippi parklands and one of the entrances is just across the road from us. There are a lot of bike paths that join up with other paths in Carindale so it's nice and safe for beginner cyclists like me.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Tesso, it will be totally different on the night at Caboolture. The atmosphere certainly takes your mind off running around in circles. I am sure you will do well and crack the century.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

My glutes and hips get achy and sore after my physio exercises too!!! I cant wait to catch up in a week and a bit!!! Team J should have a et together :-)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home