Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Shortish Longish Run

Today Total: 11k
Week Total: 20k
Month Total: 216k
Year Total: 216k

Wednesday is usually longish run day (15k to 20k) unless, like this week, I'm between night shifts, then its a rest day. But I had a rest day Monday, and things were quiet at work so I took off at 5.20am even though I didn't much feel like it.

The legs were heavy, I was tired, and I could feel the affects of yesterday arvo's massage. Ran towards the floating walkway and the first two kms were sad. But then I suddenly felt a bit better so picked up the pace to around 5min kms. Ran to New Farm Park and did a few laps. Saw Gary M along the way, he called out something to me but I have no idea what, my music was up a bit loud :-)

By the 3rd km I was just under 5 minute pace and so I thought I'd try to keep it up for another 2k before slowing down again. Once I'd done 5k I decided to make it 6k. Then 7k. Checking the watch I thought I could get close to my time for the 7k at BRRC on Sunday (it was 33:09). 'Take Me Out' came on the iPod and I really kicked it in the guts. But even Franz Ferdi-panz couldn't get me there. Time - 33:33.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

Franz Ferdi-panz that's funny!

Considering the first 2k you must of really picked up the pace in the last few Km, Good time. After the 7k did you just cruise home for the remaining 4k?

Thanks for the comparison of times for Mt Coot-tha by the way, I like having something to gauge on :)

6:29 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Saw your pic in R4YL - so how about an autograph? ;-)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Looks like you're clocking up the k's, I suppose you have to now.

I'll have to check my R4YL mag.

Reply to your comment.

I haven't met anybody famous yet running along the Yarra next to the Aust. Open Tennis - don't worry - I'd blog it if I did.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Yep, saw that good sort in R4YL. :)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

I haven't seen R4YL yet but will certainly be glad to see my best buddy gracing it's pages.

Well done on your run yesterday. It was not too bad out there but with your mileage at the moment I am amazed at your continuing motivation - especially in between shift work.

Way to go Tesso :) ps we missed you at the track last night

8:23 AM  
Blogger miners said...

Love Franz too - must get their new album too if I could find a place down here that doesn't sell anytihng other than Hits of Summer 2006.

Hey, I haven't received my R4YL yet. Are you a super-star AGAIN?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Toasty said...

You shouldn't kick your ipod in the guts!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home