Monday, January 23, 2006

Sunday School

Re Caboolture CJ asked ...

What time does it start?
6pm on Feb 4th

How are you feeling about it?
Excited but worried

Will you be using your ipod for part of it?
YES!!!

It won't last the distance will it, or will it?
No, mine won't. But the lovely Clairie has come to my rescue and so kindly offered her hubby's as backup. Its already on loan to me while mine is being fixed.

*****

Today Total: 13k
Week Total: 90k
Month Total: 286k
Year Total: 286k

After Saturday's long run the plan for Sunday was just to roll the legs over and take it easy. The iPod was loaded with some cruisey stuff and the watch was purposely left behind.

Got to the Edward St entrance of then did my measured 2k lap before heading back home, so 13k all up. I saw so many runners, it was like a Who's Who of the Brisbane running scene, it seemed the only ones missing were the ones who were out and about Saturday. Of course I stopped and talked to whoever I could, any opportunity for a little break :-)

But they were useful little breaks. Fat Bloke told me about the run/walk strategy he has used in this event in the past. Siri told me about how she eats during ultras. She even gave me a wild berry flavoured Power Bar. You can't get them here, she brought it back from the States. And Ruth suggested chopping the energy bars up beforehand so they are in bite size pieces, they do that for their long bike rides.

Learnt a lot!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stu Mac said...

WOW, your weekly & month totals are quite big already, with just over a week to go for the month, you are going to have one of your biggest months I would imagine...

Well done

8:23 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Hiya Tesso,'
Good to see you in R4YL.
Best luck for Caboolture... take it easy and have fun!

10:22 AM  
Blogger miners said...

Great run on Saturday Tess - you're bringing along a couple of future marathon stars from the looks!

And thanks for the Caboolture update - did you know that IMG are stamping down on ipods/radios etc in Ironman events? No music/podcasts allowed!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Not long to go Tesso. Looks like your all ready for Saturday week. Enjoy your taper and can't wait for the race report. :)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I liked the idea of breaking up the power bars ..... seems so simple but somehow I never thought of it.

11:14 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

For the Ironman I trained for the marathon part by running 9mins then walking 1 minute - this was to coincide with the drink stations which were approx 2km apart. It worked too - I felt fine and could even handle the hills, which were defeating a lot of people at that point.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home