Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Today and yesterday Total: 20k
Week Total: 20k
Month Total: 306k
Year Total: 306k

First up thank you so much to everyone for song requests. I'm still taking more if you haven't requested anything yet. There have been such interesting suggestions and quite the variety of music - everything from Mozart to Ramstein. And I've so far managed to find each and every one :-) It really is gonna make Caboolture so much more enjoyable for me.

Yesterday morning at Pat's was hill reps in the Gardens - my favourite session! As always we had two options of where to start our sprint, so I decided I'd be taking the longer one each time. That meant running fast on the flat for a while before attacking the hill. The first hill climb my legs hurt, it was a struggle, so rather than an easy recovery I did a semi-fast one. Not sure where the logic is in that. Guess it just made me feel better.

It was great having Clairie and others around to try to pass or keep up with. Of course I'd only pass them when they slowed on the downhills but then I'd try to stay in front of them until we got to the top. Failed just about every time but it was fun trying :-)

Blogger Steve L's friend Colin is in Brisbane for a week or so and he came along to The Regatta today. A bunch of us headed out at around 5 min pace. I really wanted to save myself for the Aus Day run so at the 5k mark let them all go and I turned and ran back a little slower. I went via South Bank to add an extra km.

At the Vic Bridge I ran into Steve McC and stopped for a chat. A few minutes later Colin came flying down the path, with Clairie not too far behind, so I bid Steve farewell and rejoined Clairie for the trip back. She said she was struggling to maintain the pace. So I suggested we try to catch up to Colin and the guy he was running with. I told her to imagine it was the Olympics and they were in 1st and 2nd place. She was off!

All up for me it was 11k in about 56 mins. A little quicker than intended considering the race tomorrow.

Fast forward a few hours and I'm sitting at an Internet Cafe in Sydney. Tomorrow morning is the Australia Day Fun Run. It really will be a fun run, catching up with the all the Sydney CRs once again. Not sure how I'll go, 4:35 pace the whole way would make me happy.

11 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

Your songs post has created a comment frenzy (31 at this stage).

Good luck tomorrow, enjoy your run and catching up with the Sydney CR's.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Got another one:

From a million miles - Single Gun Theory

Maybe see you racing tomorrow.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Yes good luck tomorrow. Have a fun day

8:30 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Break a leg tomorrow Tesso - wish I could be there to meet ya - oh well there is always PMC :-)

9:06 PM  
Blogger the_en4cer said...

Have a great run! I'm off to Brissy in the morning to do the run - one day I'm sure we'll cross paths!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

You'll do well Tesso - don't hold back.

By the way, I bet there aren't many copies of R4YL left in Brissie.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

oops ... Katy has a blog and I didn't she was logged in ... so the last comments were mine.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Good run today. Enjoyed trying to yell over the head-phones and music.

one more song:
The The - uncertain smile

6:55 PM  
Blogger RunDave said...

You're going to have so much fun listening to all that great music, you'll forget all about the pain of the run. How did you go in the Oz day run?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you had fun in Sydney, Tess; you do get around & I don't mean just in running!

1:54 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Saw a photo of you doing the Australia Day fun run - how did you go? I must say you're looking amazingly fit!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home