Sunday, February 12, 2006

Regatta Runs

Friday: 10k
Saturday: 14k
This Week Total: 34k
Month Total: 161k
Year Total: 537k

Friday morning was the usual Regatta run. Well, almost. What they do on Friday's is an 8k differential - the first 4k at a steady pace and the second 4k at a faster pace. I was just there for a run.

With a triathlon coming up on Sunday Fiona wasn't in for a fast one so I stuck with her until the 4k mark where she turned and headed back. I felt okay and had my iPod for company so continued on for another km before returning. Kept the same speed up most of the way, probably between 5:15 and 5:30 pace I guess.

*****

A bit of rain Saturday morning seemed to keep a few of the regulars away. I started out running with Clairie and Phil, both were after an easy run with the BRRC 10 mile Champs the next day. I wanted to be in once piece for it, not that I was planning to 'race', but I wanted to make it to the start line feeling fresh. We weren't too far off the main pack and checking our splits were doing 5:15s. I told them I'd stick with them until they caught up to the others but once we got a little closer let them go.

I ran with Chelle for a little while after that but from about 4k onwards was on my own. But didn't mind. After seeing Walk The Line on Friday arvo I'd loaded my iPod with a compilation CD by the man in black :-)

I didn't take too much notice of my watch, well, I tried not to ;-) All up 14k in around 1hr 14m.

8 Comments:

Blogger RunDave said...

Tesso, you are a machine. Keep it up.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

You certainly seem to be recovering well from the Big one Tesso. You seem to be in peek fitness. Good on you.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Good on you Tess! You are recovering like a champ... whats the secret???

3:39 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Hiya Tesso i imagine that if you are comfortable enough to run at 5:15 pace all the time then your 3km time trial best would be around 11:30?(just a bit of guess work to start the week!)

3:45 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

LOL Tesso - that looks great - a 34k week and 161k for the month and its only the 12th!

Good onya mate - keep the rcovery coming ;-)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Johnny Cash sure had some moving music. Enjoy.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Nothing like a couple of runs like that to get things moving again. You seem to be recovering well Tess. You just need to monitor those energy levels.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Hey, thanks for the company on Sat morning, hope I didnt hold you up too much - my legs just wouldnt turn over for the first 20mins or so! I taught them a lesson by doing my ows session of Goodwill hill reps on my way back... :)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home