Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A PB of sorts :-)

Tuesday: 10k
Week Total: 10k
Month Total: 376k
Year Total: 376k

It was a huge roll up at Pat's again today. There seems to be new faces every session. And best of all they come back! Its just so hard trying to remember everybody's name. Clairie and I are thinking of suggesting to Pat we have a 'name tag' day. Well, 'name tags'. Not just one for the front, but one for people's backs as well, especially handy for those of us who do a lot of chasing :-)

On the pgm was 5 x 500m reps and 1 x 1k rep. We did a longer than usual warmup to New Farm - via Kangaroo Pt and over the Story Bridge. Last time I did this session, after my injury lay off, my times ranged from 2:01 to 2:05. So I was hoping to go under 2mins for most of them today.

There was a great atmosphere out there this morning. As people finished their sets they gathered and cheered everyone else running in. Then at the end as Pat was running towards us all after collecting his witches hats and signs we formed a guard of honour for him to run through. So he put on a bit of a stagger as if he was doing it tough at the end of a marathon.

Anyway, my 500m times were -
1:55
1:52
1:56
1:54
2:00
The standing recovery between each was supposed to be 60 seconds, though I cut it short every time, the shortest recovery (46 secs) was before the faster rep. The 1k that followed was a bit sad, 4:14, though I did have to run a few extra meters to grab my water bottle ;-)

Not a bad day at the office, those 500m times are pretty close to the best I've ever done. Gotta be happy with that, especially considering its come at the end of a month where I've recorded the most mileage ever (previous record was 353km).

10 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Excellent times Tess... and on tired legs- impressive :-)
3 days to go!!! I hope your music selection is going ok!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Well done on the PB's. You have to be happy with that.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Isn't that strange Tess how we both did our best split where we had shorter breaks just before...very strange.

Though for sure I won't be testing that very much in the near future. I think it is best to aim for a better faster split than reducing the rests just because you can.

Having said that, I go by how I feel and some days I do only need shorter rests.

You are a maniac though - ALWAYS taking much shorter rests than others. I guess that's what helps build up your endurance!

9:31 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Hey Tesso - that is one huuuuuuge month of running - you are going to do so well this weekend.

And yes you should be happy with those 500 times too.

Take it easy mate ;-)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Excellent set of numbers!

There is one thing you said left me a bit confused:
"Gotta be happy with that, especially considering its come at the end of a month where I've recorded the most mileage ever "

Are suggesting that running more mileage should result in slower times?

10:44 AM  
Blogger miners said...

STILL donig speedwork? You are simply a machine Ms. Tess

Oh, and what was that quote? "for those of us who do a lot of chasing"

hee hee ... ha ... chortle

1:38 PM  
Blogger Spud said...

Great months training Tess, sorry I missed you when you were in Sydney.

All the best for the 12hr, run, eat and drink well!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I hope you're having a nice few days rest now before the big day. Sounds like you are really back to great form based on your times in your last few races. Glad to see you managed to hold off JD.

3:38 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Can't believe you threw in such good 500m's just before the Ultra. You are one tough lady. Enjoy the weekend.

TA

3:41 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

376 .... another PB .... great start to the year, I feel another PB in February.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home