Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Just A Minute

Tuesday: 9k
Week Total: 9k
Month Total: 380k
Year Total: 756k


Didn't feel quite right this morning - not really what you'd call a bit fluey, but just not 100%. I don't think sitting under a vent at work for 12 hours yesterday helped, its so bad stuff blows across my desk .... hmmm, wonder why no work gets done ;-) So went along to Pat's and figured if I wasn't up to it I'd just take it easy, or even call it quits if need be.

It was off to The Gardens where we had a combo of 2 and 1 minute efforts, though there were only 2 x 1 minutes, I lost count of the 2 minute ones, and the final 2 minutes was more like 4 minutes .... hang on a minute, have I got that right :-) Dunno, I just did as I was told.

On the warm down it was great to run into Rach, out on a walk, and Min, who is finally back running, though only 40 minutes today.

Anyway, I think the run helped clear my head a little. I certainly felt better after it than before. Finished off the morning talking Canberra Marathon over brekky at Poppy's with Pat and Clairie. It might be marathon number 16 for me but I sure learnt lots just from the chat.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to hit Rebel Sport later - there's a 25% off everything sale. But its only from 5pm to 9pm. And its only open to RACQ members. And its only at three locations. And, as I told Clairie, its only for people whose first name starts with the letter 'T' ;-)

14 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Hey Tess that is pretty consistent monthly totals - only 4 more k and you could be averaging 380 each month for the year..... I know how you like to round the numbers out :-)

Hope your feeling better soon mate... maybe after that 4k this arvo ;-)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Don't listen to 2P!!!!!!

Actually you must be rubbing off because I am getting into rounded figures as well!

I can't believe you blogged that you were prepared to quit this morning if you didn't feel better.... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Tess Quit ha ha ha ha not very likelyyyyyy

You did really well today and were still strong on the last 4min effort - when 90% of the group were all lagging behind (me included).

When you are at Rebel can you see if they have those pink things, but I want it in red - if they have tassles on them all the better. If not I will take a white one with the stripes but I don't want anything with verticals - it all has to be horizontal. I don't mind circles if it is showing in an anticlockwise motion with a blue background - you know like those yellow ones we saw on our last run? Get me a few of them :)

1:20 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Retail therapy - very important!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I'm starting to round things up now too.. couldn't stop the other day unless it was 5km and yesterday I had to get to 600 cals on the exercise equipment :)

Buy some nice stuff; you deserve it!

3:02 PM  
Blogger miners said...

MORE shopping???

3:22 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ignore them all Tess... we are VERY normal ;-) I uually feel better after a run when I fell slightly off- I think my brain try's to trick me!

Ooooh please share any great tips from pat.... pretty please with a cherry! :-)
With the sweat guys we usually do a warm up before the session but because we only have an hour it is usually a few laps around the oval. I still feel half asleep! I have found if I get there early and do a 3km warm up on my own then stretch and do a few laps before the session I feel heaps better. Took a while to get my head around the concept that running that bit extra helped and did not make me feel tired. Some of the guys run to the park so they are doing the warm up alone and arive just in time.

Enjoy the shopping!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Kit, what do you mean Pat? It was Clairie she was talking about!

Now, Ms Tesso, I am going to happily point out that I have a jump on you in the weekly km department this week. I wonder how long it will last!? It will take me a long time to forgive you for going out and running those 6 km on Sunday afternoon while I was wallowing in self pity over pile measly little pile of kilometers. You advised me to just get out and do it, and instead it was you who just did it.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

And you only purchased three items?

8:42 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

You should have the clearest head in town Tesso. 380k for the month..that's a lot of head clearing. You are up there with the Eagle.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I bet you actually knew what Clairie wanted from Rebel. I'll have to ask her if she is wearing it next time I see her.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

What the hell was Clairie on about?

10:33 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

yeah just what is Clairie trying to confuse us menfolk with>?

4:16 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

ps i tried to fix that table to make it readable for "people from you parts"!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Feel better soon! H xxx

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home