Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Camel On My Back

Wednesday: 15k
Week Total: 25k
Month Total: 202k
Year Total: 578k

Tara and I decided over a glass of wine on Sunday arvo that running over Mt Coot-tha was a good idea for a Wednesday run. But not just doing a lap (9.6km), we thought we'd start at The Regatta to make it a 15k round trip. I'm glad we stopped at one drink! I sent out an email asking the rest of our group to join us. Clairie, who is in Perth this week, was the only one who replied. She said "noooooooooooo" :-) So it was just the two of us.

It was very overcast as we set off at 5.30am, though the full moon was still clear in the sky. The Spike Tri squad were out in force doing hill reps on their bikes on the long steady climb just before JC Slaughter Falls carpark, so we got some cheeky encouragement form Tori, Jan and Liz as they zipped by in the opposite direction.

It was quite misty up the top, absolutely beautiful. Or, as we said, it would be beautiful if we could see anything :-) Coming back down the hill we copped about five or ten minutes of rain. Noice.

I wore my Camelbak for the first time, I wanted to test it before wearing it for my long run Saturday. It was pretty comfy, and although I'd Bodyglided up I got one small spot of chafing on my back. I make take it on a few more shorter test drives before taking it on a long haul.

Had a massage in the afternoon. My regular guy, Mark, is sick and so his nephew Craig, who was trained by Mark, took over. I thought I might get let off lightly. I was wrong.

6 Comments:

Blogger RunDave said...

No bling for me. It was only a low key event, about 70 entrants and not a major event. Next weekend will be a lot bigger, but will also attract a stronger field (finished 7th last year).

I always do my long run with a hydration pack, and many shorter runs wearing a backpack. You get used to it.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Sounds like a beautiful place to run.
To see some pictures would be really 'Noice'.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Hope that camelbak was topped up with some red cordial.

I need a few more hills at the moment

8:12 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Just been listening to some Sarah Brightman Classics Tesso. Beautiful, just beautiful.

How I miss Mt Coot-tha. It's a good strenght builder and a very pleasent run.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Good job Tesso!!

I've always loved Mt Coot-tha :)

2:01 AM  
Blogger Random Psychologist said...

WoW! This is some serious running happening here!

With Don juan on the red cordial or even some red bull :P

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home