Friday, February 24, 2006

Chasing and Chatting

Thursday: 10k
Week Total: 42k
Month Total: 313k
Year Total: 689k


The legs were a bit weary and a little niggly from Wednesday's Mt Coot-tha run, so I wasn't really looking forward to Pat's. Following the warm-up over the Goodwill and around The Gardens they did feel slightly better. On the pgm were 4 and 2 minute efforts. Once again we ran up through the less busy back paths of The Gardens, which meant some little hills. The 'square' we ran on Tuesday was incorporated, though going in the opposite direction which made it seem totally different.

At one stage I caught up to Ally, who was having a great session, and I suggested we mow down the fellow in the blue t-shirt in front of us. We tried hard but couldn't even get close. I was so happy when I eventually got him, an effort or two later, until I realised it was a different person in the same coloured shirt - doh!

I was near Edward St for the start of the second 2 minute one, and Pat called out to us 'all the way to the end'. What! 'The end' was about 1km away, so of course that was more like 4 minutes. Coming down the final hill there was another chase, as the guy beside me and I tried to run Jan down. But she heard me say to him "let's get Jan" and so put the foot down. I've gotta learn sign language! To finish off we ran out for 90 secs and back again and then whipped around to go up the grassy slope at the River Stage. Karen M and I raced up this - her weekly Mt Coot-tha runs are making her so strong, I had trouble keeping up with her!

So even though the legs were a little weary from Wednesday's mountain run it was a great session, so much fun. And more fun was to follow with our "Lulu does Brissie" brekky in Racecourse Rd with Clairie, Cirque, Hannah and of course the lovely Lulu who was visiting from Sydney. Though we didn't have nearly enough time to catch up on all the goss so she'll just have to come back :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Yet another great session Tess, training on tired legs is great discipline.

Avvagoodweekend :-)

9:58 AM  
Blogger miners said...

The photo was lovely Tess - and that's a pretty damn fine effort today after the big run over Coot-tha.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I'm feeling weary just reading.
Too much chasing for my liking thanks.

2:46 PM  
Blogger RunDave said...

Listening to some sample tracks from The Magnetic Fields album 'i'. I only have '69 Love Songs'. Think I might get 'i' soon, do you have it?

Chasing is frought with disaster unless you've arranged for someone to leave earlier for you to catch.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

That is a great idea you had about taking leave when the World Cup is on. Pity I won't have six weeks annual leave at that time. Could just dip into my 17 weeks of accumulated long service leave, I suppose. (One of the few advantages of getting old!)
The Quarter Finals are on the night before the Gold Coast. :-( What the hell,I never sleep that well the night before a big race anyway.

9:18 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Its nice CR's all over the country have such a strong community!
Awesome!

10:59 PM  
Blogger D said...

I love it when I finally pass that individual that eluded me during most of a run/race! Have a great weekend!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great photo of you girls. Gold Coast - hmmm?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

So, will Pat call you to the 'end' of your marathon 2 minutes past the finish line?

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home