Friday, February 17, 2006

Harum Scarum

Friday: 10k
Week Total: 45k
Month Total: 222k
Year Total: 598k

Some of the gang from Pat's have been running Mt Coot-tha every Friday at 5:30am and I couldn't resist the opportunity to join them this morning before work, it just sounded so much more appealing than the usual flat bikepath run. There were seven of us all up, Robbie and six girls - Tori, Tammy, Sarah, Karen, Speedy Suze and me.

Once up the big climb and on to the undulations I was running beside Tori and talking about all sorts of things. We headed up yet another incline and the chat stopped briefly but soon started again. I was so focussed on the hill that after about 30 seconds of conversation I looked beside and it was Suze I was now talking to not Tori :-)

Suze and I finished off the run together. I went around in just over 51 minutes. The other girls were only a few minutes behind, finishing in 54 minutes. That was a 2 minute Mt Coot-tha PB for Sarah and a whopping 6 minutes for Karen. Exciting stuff!

Back at the carpark were a group of Hash House Harrier's who run around the mountain every Friday at 5.15am, even in winter. Funny, looked like there was just one guy in their group as well, quite a few girls though.

14 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

I like the sound of this Mt Coot-tah - how far is it in length and height?

You must have fully recovered if you are running big hills - good on you Tess :-)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Hashers runing at 5:15!? That is not the kind of hasher I make cruel and condescending and stereotypical judgement about :-)

I wish I had a Mount Coo-tha in the back yard.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I used to run Mt Coot-tha on Fridays. It was those hashers (I am not one) who first calling me Eddie. Actually it was Fast Eddie because I used to beat them to the top.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I normally do all my running alone. I reckon it must make the journey quicker to have so much company?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Nothing makes me homesick more than hearing of a good run done by you and the gang...

Looking forward to getting through the weekend so I can come and run with you again.

Sounds like your legs are doing so well. 51 must be close to a PB for us for Mt Cootha so that means your legs are stronger from the 100km and not suffering from the distance.

How is the adductor? Hope it has not flared up again and is behaving itself.

Hope you have fun tomorrow Tesso. sorry to kidnap the Garmin for one of your long runs...but I'll make sure it gets a work out so it doesn't even notice :) Actually I am hoping to get through 34km but the way I am feeling I'll be lucky to get through 3!!!

Tell Tara to run strong and make 2morrow her big trial run. I'm counting on her running with me in Canberra!!! (but she can't overtake me....tell her that tooo :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I'm trying to catch up on my blog reading. I am pleased to see you back so quickly after the Cabolture triumph and looking forward to Saturday morning's river run .... i say that now ... maybe not around the 30K mark.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I don't know how you can get up early every morning...I'm trying to incorporate morning runs, can only get about 2 per week (work days that is) the other times I elect for more sleep.

You're certainly racking up the k's, nearly 600, do you have a yearly goal?

Oh, nearly forgot, I like the ratio of women to men, maybe I should move up your way.

9:56 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Sounds like a quick run if the terrain is hilly,was this a good/quick run by your standards?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

hahaha I cant believe you said running up a mountain was fun... your a ledgend Tess!!!! Good run!

9:34 AM  
Blogger RunDave said...

Lucky Robbie!

Maybe the hashers were still out from the night before.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Speedy Suze is alive! I've been trying to contact her :)
Sounds like you had a great run up there... give it time and I'd love to join you all.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I still can't believe your powers of recovery Tesso. How about a pic of Mt Coot-tha? Is it really that big?

10:48 AM  
Blogger the_en4cer said...

I haven't had a chance to congratulate you on the Caboolture run yet so ... Congratulations! I checked out how you went last weekend but didn't get a chance to reply. Hopefully in a week or so my computer will be set up and I will be back in regular contact.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

Great time Tesso, that is pretty funny you talking to someone who wasn't even there :)

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home