Monday, December 31, 2007

Another Year Over (Almost)

The last three weeks have looked like this ....

10/12 - easy 8k
11/12 - ran to PCRG, hills, ran to NQ ferry - 16k
12/12 - Mt Coot-tha in 47:58 - 9.5k
13/12 - 4 & 2 & 3 min efforts at PCRG - 9.5k
14/12 - ran to PCRG (same sess as Thur) - 14.5k
16/12 - 18k at 5:20 pace - everyone in cruise mode post Kurrawa
17/12 - BRRC 15k in 69:50. Worked hard but not totally flat out, just enough to snaffle first spot ... all the fast girls were doing the 5k race :-)

Weekly total - 90.5k


17/12 - in between night shifts, too tired to run
18/12 - Christmas run at PCRG, mix of 1 min and 30 sec efforts while dodging kids with water pistols. Lots of fun! 9k.
19/12 - easyish lap of Coot-tha in 49:55. Ran there and back from home for 16k all up.
20/12 - ran to PCRG. 2 x 3 min, 1 x 6 min plus lots of GC hills. 15k in total.
21/12 - ran from work to PCRG (same sess as Thur) - 12k.
22/12 - easy 18k
23/12 - 10k at around 5min pace

Weekly total - 80k


24/12 - PCRG - lots of 30/30s plus one longer effort. 9.5k
25/12 - 3k warmup then traditional Xmas Day UQ track (took it easy though). 5k
26/12 - untimed short Green Bridge loop from home - 13k
27/12 - PCRG - 3 x 2 min efforts plus lots of 30/30s - 9k
28/12 - Fats Festive Fatass run. 5k up hill then turned around. Trip back over 6k due to navigational issues :-) Then 8k around The Gap for hilly 19k total.
29/12 - 17k at around 5:30 pace
30/12 - cruised around BRRC 10k at 5:10s with Lizzle. 15k all up incl warmup and warmdown.

Weekly total - 87.5k


Not quite getting those 100k weeks I was hoping for but at least nothing is hurting :-)



A few pics from the PCRG Xmas run ....


The 'boys'



Tesso, Billy, Clairie, Anna



The action (Matty & Andy) up the front .... I've gotta learn to run faster :-)



Some of the gang



Superheroes (Pat, Dan, Peter T)



PCRG babies - Hugo and Billy


Finally I'd like to say ....

See you all in 2008!

21 Comments:

Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I'd gladly take your 80km weeks off your hands.

Happy New Year.....

3:28 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Cheers Tesso

Same to you!

Don't give up the blog.

Enjoy the summer.

Talk soon

Scott

4:00 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

Cheer Beer Year.
Great Oh-Eight Mate.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Happy New Year. See you in Sydney soon or maybe at the big show in Canberra.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year Tesso!!! Those pics are almost tempting me to relocate to Brissie. Looks like fun!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Happy New Year Tesso.

Great photos!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

Happy New Year Tesso

4:30 PM  
Blogger Bruce said...

Still going strong I see, happy new year.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Happy new year Tesso! All the very best to you for the new year. Thanks so much for all your support. I really appreciate it!

And please don't give up your blog!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I want to thank you for all your support.

I go back to when I first started my blog and both you and 2P were there.

I couldnt believe that such an athlete like you was interested in my progress. You have kept me motivated to do my best.

I would often think of your encourging words while out running, particularly when one of "Tesso's songs" would pop up on the MP3.

I am retiring my blog today and I would like to wish you and your family all the happiness and good health you deserve.

Tesso, you truely are an inspiration!!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

Best wishes for 08 Tesso! Better get those miles up, <100 is a bloody slack effort really ;-) don't know how to manage to be so consistent with it! very jealous. keep up teh good work this year mate. See you at PCRG - where I'll tell you about my rubber hammer

2:54 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Tell Matty and Andy to keep their shirts on. Face your opposition in the 5k next time Tess!

Don't spend too much time running in '08 to blog - we need laughs in this climate.

Your guts will be hurting in April ;)

5:41 PM  
Blogger IHateToast said...

oh, and my husband gets made fun of?!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Happy New Year to you Tesso. Hope you enjoy everything life has to offer.

9:39 AM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

men should never wear tight purple nuthuggers :)
see u in blogland 2008.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Spud said...

Happy New year Tesso, hopefully we will catch up this year. Are you going to give us a 2007 recap?
All the best!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey Tesso!

Happy New year!!!!!

I am still reading your blog, but you will have to forgive the lack of comments....I am often interrupted half way these days, so I have given up trying to comment on blogs etc.

Thanks for all your nice comments and support :-)

7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tess, what a wonderful post with all those beaut pics!

Stay well & injury free with all those kms you're running & see you in Canberra...not too far off now!!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Happy New Year and I'm pleased to hear that nothing hurts!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Wake up Geoff - I mean Tesso.

Are you running too much to blog? Tell us about New York!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's 2008, Tesso! Where are you?

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home