Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Back In The Swing

Being back home means being back at work unfortunately. But at least it means being back at PCRG.

Mon 5/11 - Easy 10k.
Tue 6/11 - 6k, first half firm, next half easy.
Wed 7/11 - 15k incl 4 GC hill reps.
Thu 8/11 - 10k at PCRG (4 & 2 min efforts I think, I forget already).
Fri 9/11 - 12k at PCRG (same as Thu but took it easy, ran there from work).
Sat 10/11 - 23k incl long green bridge loop.
Sun 11/11 - Hilly Lone Pine run - 14k.
90k for the week

Mon 12/11 - Feeling crook. Managed 4k on the tready but that was it.
Tue 13/11 - 13k. Ran to PCRG from work. Lots of 1min and 30sec efforts.
Wed 14/11 - Feeling crook again so rested.
Thu 15/11 - 16.5k. Ran to PCRG - 2x3min, 1x6min, 1 half GC hill, 3 full GC hills.
Fri 16/11 - 8k - ran home from work and then some.
Sat 17/11 - 19.5k in the rain (lovely!) at av 5:10 pace.
Sun 18/11 - 8k incl 5k Champs at BRRC. Ran 22:10, a 34 second improvement on 2 weeks before :-)
69k for the week

Five or six weeks of 'just running' after Melbourne Marathon and I've lost so much speed. I can't keep up with the usual mob at Pat's ... unless of course they're all getting faster :-) Still, happy with the improvement in my 5k. There's another one in two weeks time, hopefully I can run under 22 again by then.

17 Comments:

Blogger IHateToast said...

maybe this shows you what happens when you leave us in brisbane. it'll teachya!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Don't underestimate the value of just running. It doesn't take long to get your speed back but an aerobic base can only be built slowily.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Well it is a base for Canberra so 'just running' is always good. Plenty of time for speed in March in the month before the race when you taper. Distance and hills.

I'm doing Six Foot in 2008, so the other blog has been fired up again.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

The one that struck me was:
"Feeling crook. Managed 4k on the tready"

Your allowed to have a day off when you are crook you know! I guess there is really crook and then there is "I wonder if I'm crook" ... in the latter case I would probably be tempted to do 4k to test it out as well. Especially if I had a good run of consecutive runs going ... :-)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear that you are settling back into life up in Qld well. Take it easy if you are feeling crook missy !

7:20 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

What?! Stephen is saying you're allowed to have a day off? I guess he author "The unbearable rightness of resting".

Hey, do you need speed for dusk to dawn?

By the way, Kelley is doing a good job of advertising the PCRG :)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

agree with the others, there is plenty of time for speed. i'd happily swap a bit of PCRG speed for 65-100k a week you've been doing since melb :-)

11:31 AM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

agree with stephen.
the only days u didnt run in the 2 weeks were 'crook days'.
and then u ran on one of those as well!
have a shopping day!!
enjoy :)

10:18 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

yeah have a day off!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

You lucky b...... at least you can run and getting the miles under your belt. I'm still at least a week away (maybe sooner) from building up my base.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Tess, how about you swap me some of your k's for some of my rest - I've only managed to get out running 6 times this month! You've got a serious base there, and as the others say, the speed comes later.

Sorry about missing you in Brisbane - I'm still suffering because I only got about 4 hours sleep each night (which would have been 6 hours had I gone running....).

Enjoy the rest of the year, have a happy festive season, and see you next year!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I'm sure it won't be long before you're back at your normal speed...

8:18 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

Tesso, your friend Kelley is a superstar. See my blog, Fri 30 post.

2:43 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

so whats up?
u scorn my flat muscly abdomen on my blog and then u dont post for a while so i cant return the cheekiness :)
hope things are good.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Feeling crook...then that means you rest, Tess!

Take care now & see you in Canberra.

12:28 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

when do you actually rest - as defined by "rest = no exercise"???

3:55 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

How's the drafting of your 1000th CR post going?

Re my 5k... I probably could have run another 1 or 2 k at that pace - if I hadn't sprinted the last 100 metres. You should try going out much faster in 5k races and use your endurance to hang with the pace.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home