Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Fraction Too Much Friction

I was feeling pretty confident after Tuesday's run. Following it I had no ITB pain, except that funny dead feeling you get after icing for 15 or 20 mins. So I was expecting the same today. Being the Thursday after the TT it was a steady run and the 'no watch' 1k (people put in a gold coin, guess a time, money goes to Camp Quality, receipt goes to the one nearest their guess).

The ITB was niggly on the out run and I stopped and stretched before heading back. The last km or so leading into The Gardens, where we regrouped for the 1k thing, the niggle became worse.

I'd nominated a time of 4m45s and was running with Scotty and Donna, they'd both said 5 mins. We were just a few paces behind big Steve who'd said 4m30s. Hmmmm, we couldn't all be right! They all took off ahead and I just stuck to the same pace, mainly because at that pace I was running almost pain free. Pat was at the finish calling the times and as I crossed 'the line' he said "4:45" - woohoo :-)

Back at The Ship Inn we all feasted on a special brekky of crepes courtesy of big Steve's company Networth Investments, and then the lovely Chelle showed me some more ITB stretches and gave me even more hints (like how to sit to watch TV). There were the usual random prizes and awards where Langy (CR Runner In The Hills) was named Athlete of the Month and our Clairie was the popular vote for the Group Member prize - yay!!!

Anyway, enough good news ;-)

I didn't pull up so well afterwards, the ITB was hurting a little too much :-(

I had a massage booked for midday and on the way there made the executive decision NOT to start the marathon, rather run a solid 10k the afternoon before and join the cheersquad Sunday morning. But after conspiring with my partner in crime, Mark the Massage Man (we have to talk quietly cos Adam the physio works there too), I've decided I will line up on Sunday after all.

I change my mind so often, it must be awfully clean.

17 Comments:

Blogger Robert Song said...

To quote Elvis :

"But you tease, and you flirt
And you shine all the buttons on your green shirt
You can please yourself but somebody's gonna get it.

Better cut off all identifying labels
Before they put you on the torture table."

6:36 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

yes no yes no yes no. Whats going on with you qlder's?
Make a decision accept the fact that you need daylight saving. Have fun in whichever race you decide to start in.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

It will all become crystal clear after a few red wines.

Good luck with the end result, and the decision.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

haha,i had to re-read your post twice to see what was going on, is she, isnt she - will she, wont she:)

Good luck on Sunday... if the niggle turns to pain, you know what you should do :)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

The only thing I am clear about is that I will see you in Canberra Tesso. So I will take it from there. Anything extra, whether it be cheering or running, will be a bonus.

8:03 PM  
Blogger strewth said...

That post kept me in suspense - I was waiting to read your decision. As Eddie says we will see you in Canberra whether we're cheering you on in the 10km or you're running in the marathon. Either way best of luck and it will be great to meet you.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Regardless it will be great to see you, however I have an inkling that we are very similar and wild horses would be needed to stop me from having a crack at the big show when I got near the start.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Tesso, I just stopped telling Belinda you were out until I read on and saw you were in again. I can't keep up as my head hurts! See you in Canberra regardless of what you end up doing.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe a coouple of red wines before the start, Tess! You'll be fine; see you soon!

11:29 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Tes, I know it's easy to make light of it (in-out-in-out, do the hokey pokey, etc), but it's a tough decision to make. Give yourself every chance; you'll make the right choice I'm sure. As the other's have said - see you there regardless :-)

Gnome

11:31 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

LOL, you crack me up Tess. Goood luck in which ever one you end up doing. Either way I know you'll do it with a positive attitude and have heaps of fun. Love that. Have a great weekend !

7:25 AM  
Blogger Spud said...

Go Tess, see you out here, either way enjoy it and stay healthy!

8:08 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Enjoy yourself either way Tess.
I am sure you will do the right thing...i am not going to watch now as originally planned it would be a little too depressing i think.

Have a great run!
r2b

8:53 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Enjoy yourself either way Tess.
I am sure you will do the right thing...i am not going to watch now as originally planned it would be a little too depressin i think.

Have a great run!
r2b

8:53 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Huh! I know you are a starter for Sunday!

Keep safe mate ;-)

GO TESSSOOOOOOOOOO!!!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Its a womans perogative.... keep em guessing tess!!! See you saturday!!!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Tesso, you can enjoy cheering in the lovely 19C temperature on Saturday afternoon.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home