Sunday, March 05, 2006

How Would You Like Your Eggs?

Saturday: 11k
Week Total: 20k
Month Total: 11k
Year Total: 767k


Friday morning I was still a bit on the crook side and so rested. As the day progressed I started feeling a little better, champers and wine at a four hour lunch with some old school friends may have helped :-) Followed that up with a latish night out at the theatre and so decided even though I'd get up and run the next morning, it wasn't going to be the 35-38k the other Canberrites were doing, nor would it be a 5am start.

Hit the road at 9am and ran into South Bank. From the first step my legs felt like lead, even after 3 days of doing nothing. I recall Pat telling me a couple of years ago when I had a cold (also about a month out from Canberra) that it affects the big muscles in the body. So of course my big muscley quads were bound to hurt ;-) My breathing was very laboured. Again, to be expected.

Found the gang at the usual haunt enjoying a well earned big brekky after their long run. Though Cairan's poached eggs were on the floor under my chair, the waiter didn't quite make it to the table. Clairie's banana pancakes were bananaless. Tara's serviette had blood on it (gross!). And Lizzle's brekky didn't even turn up!

Glad I was just there for a chat and a glass of water. 50 minutes later I was back on the road home.

Ran without a watch though couldn't help sneak a look at the time every now and then. The whole 11k was probably just under 5 minute pace. I was pretty happy with that considering.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

I'm not sure I want to know where this 'usual haunt' is Tesso. The champagne the day before sounds much nicer.

I hope you feel better soon.

4:51 PM  
Blogger RunDave said...

Sounds like breakfast at Fawlty Towers. What's the name of the place so I can avoid it next time I'm in Brissy.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Glad to hear your feeling better!! Sub 5min pace when your sick is not too shabby I might add :-)

Blood on the serviette... GROSS!!!

Yes I only have 2 hard weeks to go before the training eases up and distances start heading down. 2 weeks is really doable in my mind.... so it might have been 5 weeks today but only 2 more of the tough stuff! I Can't pretend I am not looking forward to the taper :-)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Yes it was a terrible morning for breakfast. But after our run I don't really think any of us were complaining (loudly).

Was great to see you turn up even if you did look like you should have stayed in bed.

I am very glad to say that you looked like normal Tesso this morning and hearing how long you ran for you obviously felt like her too!!!

Good to have you back. :) Se eyou in the morn....

5:15 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

good to see that you recovering speedily!
Literally and metaphorically.

Cheers R2B

5:18 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Was it really water you drank there? :)
Good to hear you are feeling better, just hope the quads aren't giving you too much grief :)

I didn't get a chance to speak to the boss, but fingers cross I will be at Pat's, Tuesday.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to see you're back on the road Tesso! Sounds like you had the safest breakfast!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Good to see you are back on the road. And seriously we had a gentlemans agreement at my races today. We split three of the trophies as we were equal on two out of the three. He only jogged the race. But I'm happy anyway.

6:52 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Gees and I thought breaky was the reward for running not the booby prize. Looks like you took the smart option :-). Look after yourself.

TA

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home