Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hottest 100

Well, after a shocker last year I did better in my guessing this time in the little comp with Mat and Toasty. We get to pick 5 songs that we think will make the top ten. My predictions (in no particular order), and where they rated were ...

(2) Silverchair - Straight Lines
(9) Soko - I'll Kill Her
(27) Operator Please - Just A Song About Ping Pong
(1) Muse - Knights of Cydonia
(39) Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire

I would've bet anything that Silverchair would end up number 1. They were close with just 13 votes out of the 700,000 odd recieved separating them from Muse. I also thought Operator Please would rate much higher. Cut Copy was my 'dark horse', I was way off!

Anyway, I ended up with 3. Mat also scored 3 but I picked the number 1 so that put me in front :-) Toasty scored 2.


So, they were my predictions but these were my ten official votes ...

Bonde Do Role - Solta O Frango
Camera Obscura - If Looks Could Kill
(21) Chemical Brothers - The Salmon Dance
(59) Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
Jamie T - Sheila
Jens Lekman - The Opposite Of Hallelujah
Kenneth Bager (Feat. Julee Cruise) - Les Fleurs
Mark Ronson (Feat. Amy Winehouse) - Valerie
Matt Costa - Mr. Pitiful
(9) Soko - I'll Kill Her

Good to see a few of them made the top 100.

Anyone else out there vote?

11 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

I voted for Fergie (Clumsy) - how did that go?

3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Darren Hanlon is lovely *swoon*. Very nice guy.

4:45 PM  
Blogger IHateToast said...

i never vote. i'm not a citizen yet. i'm sure triple j won't let me.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I didn't vote, but I put down Silverchair's straight line to finish 1. I thought Knights of Cydonia was last year so I would have definitely put that down as my vote though!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

The last time I voted was in 1997
and only got a few in the top hundred. Top ten is just too hard!

here's the list if you want to reminisce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_J_Hottest_100,_1997

11:12 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

I didn't vote either. Hope I don't get fined or be forced to listen to MixFM.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't vote either - but that's because I can never remember the names of songs, but rather recognise them from the first few bars!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Didn't vote either. I'm still lost the 70's and 80's, got no idea of what the new songs are. I know what I don't like.

5:51 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

didnt vote in the hottest 100.
saving my voting energy for the CR awards :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Yep, if you read my blog you will know I voted and got a couple in the top 10 after using the formula of supporting the CDs that I had bought in 2007.

I wanted and would have placed a lot of $$$ on Straight Lines!


Go the Chair!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Eric / Elvis !?! said...

A song about ping pong for me , it gets me movin ! ha

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home