Friday, April 11, 2008

The Body Works Better With Bergen

Well, the bags are packed and weigh a ton. So do I after eating more than my usual amount of carbs today. And I didn't enjoy switching from my favourite rye bread to the stodgey white stuff.


Training since Tuesday -

Wed 9/4 - 6k easy.

Thu 10/4 - PCRG. While everyone else was busting a gut Mat, Glenda & I did our own thing (ie 4k at race pace). Hooked up with them all after we finished and watched them on their final rep going flat out up a hill.

Margy going flat out


Fri 11/4 - rest.


Sunday's race plan (subject to change) is to run the first 10k at 5min pace and then if I feel good speed up to 4:50s. That would give me a finish time for the mara of just under 3:25. Even if I lose a minute or so I might still snare a PB.

If the 4:50s seem to fast I'll try to keep the 5:00s going for as long as possible.
Whether I go on to 50 will be decided on the day though I have an inkling I will bail at the marathon mark.

Gulp!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

It's going to be hard carrying a ton up the parly house hill ;)

That's great! The PB is on!

See you tomorrow arvo. Get those abs ready.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Good Luck Tesso. The PB will come you just need to be sure of your training. You have done all the work so just do it.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Good luck Tesso, you should have a great one!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Eric / Elvis !?! said...

Hey Tesso,
Yep it's the Biss vegas marathon and last time I saw you was at the Kurrawa to Duranbah 50k.
I am aiming for sub 4hr but I will be happy with any thing around there.
Love your blob
take care
Elvis

6:35 AM  
Blogger IHateToast said...

all hail tesso.
or aw... hail! tesso.

great job tesso. let's go run down some hills.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

great job down there Tesso! best result in 3 years was it? you deserved it! look forward the blow by blow report some time soon.
thanks for the txt of all the results, really appreciated that:-)

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home